And my family loves pork!
My husband does not like lasagna. The ricotta cheese is the main culprit. I was a little worried about making lasagna soup, but it went over quite well! He actually loved it, and there was no ricotta cheese to scare him off!
More Dinner Recipes:
- Low Carb Soup Recipe
- Chicken Enchilada chili
- White Chicken Chili
- Pork Carnitas Recipe
- Instant Pot Lasagna
- Chipotle BBQ Pork
- Root Beer Pulled Pork
- More Delicious Dinner Recipes
Easy, delicious Lasagna Soup recipe. All the flavor and comfort food in a delicious bowl!
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 carton (32oz) chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 8 whole wheat lasagna noodles, broken into bite sized pieces
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a large soup pot, brown ground pork with onion, green pepper and garlic. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasonings. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil 2 minutes, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, covered. Stir occasionally.
- Add bite sized lasagna noodles to soup and cook until tender (about 15 minutes).
- When ready to serve, mix in the grated parmesan cheese. Ladle into individual bowls and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. We served our soup with crunchy sourdough bread crisps! ENJOY
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 950 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 79mg Sodium: 1270mg Carbohydrates: 142g Fiber: 26g Sugar: 5g Protein: 54g
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**