I’ve got a special request. Today I’m not only sharing a delicious soup recipe, but I wanted to encourage you to help raise money for the hungry! One minute and 42 seconds is all it takes.
Well, unless you decide to read this entire post, then it might take longer!
Wondering what on earth I am talking about?
Here in Ohio, we have an Ohio Pork Producers Council. Along with some hog farmers and other partners, they are raising money for local food banks in my state of Ohio! By watching this fun “Pork from Fork to Farm” you tube video (1 minute, 42 seconds) they will donate 1lb of ground pork to local food banks for EVERY VIEW. It’s that easy! I personally love buying local meats and dairy products, so knowing the local food banks will get that same advantage is a nice feeling. I always hear that it’s best to donate what YOUR family would eat…not the canned stuff in the back of the pantry that nobody likes.
And my family loves pork! You may have seen here on Shugary Sweets a few dinners featuring this delicious protein. I have another great recipe for you today! Lasagna Soup!
My husband does not like lasagna. The ricotta cheese is the main culprit. I was a little worried about making lasagna soup, but it went over quite well! He actually loved it, and there was no ricotta cheese to scare him off!
More Dinner Recipes:
- Low Carb Soup Recipe
- Chicken Enchilada chili
- White Chicken Chili
- Pork Carnitas Recipe
- Chipotle BBQ Pork
- Root Beer Pulled Pork
- More Delicious Dinner Recipes
Easy, delicious Lasagna Soup recipe. All the flavor and comfort food in a delicious bowl!
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 carton (32oz) chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 8 whole wheat lasagna noodles, broken into bite sized pieces
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a large soup pot, brown ground pork with onion, green pepper and garlic. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasonings. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil 2 minutes, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, covered. Stir occasionally.
- Add bite sized lasagna noodles to soup and cook until tender (about 15 minutes).
- When ready to serve, mix in the grated parmesan cheese. Ladle into individual bowls and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. We served our soup with crunchy sourdough bread crisps! ENJOY
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 950 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 79mg Sodium: 1270mg Carbohydrates: 142g Fiber: 26g Sugar: 5g Protein: 54g
Some other Ohio bloggers are sharing pork recipes today too! Be sure to hop over and see what’s cooking in their kitchens!
- Wendy is sharing some Sweet and Spicy Pork Lettuce Wraps! Sounds delicious!
- Caitlin made a soup with pork too! Cilantro with Hominy and Pork
- Lucrecer is celebrating pork with some Ginger Teriyaki Sliders. These are going on our menu soon!
- Tara cooked up some Pasta alla Bolognese! Sounds fancy but looks amazing!
**This is a sponsored post on behalf of the Ohio Pork Producers Council (OPPC). I was compensated for my time, however all opinions expressed are 100% my own!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**