Spinach and Meat Lasagna
There are two types of dinners I could eat every night for the rest of my life. Pasta and Mexican.
This lasagna is so delicious I thought it was time to share how I make it. My friend Jenna made this a long time ago and I’ve been making it ever since. The only thing that I change up is my sauce. Sometimes I cheat and use Prego (don’t be a hater), and sometimes I make homemade sauce!
This is a great meal to bring to a family with a new baby in the house, or to make for the holidays! It makes a large 13×9 pan or lasagna pan. Enjoy!
- 10oz bag fresh spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bulk italian sausage
- 1 box lasagna noodles (I like the no boil kind)
- 7-8 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Saute spinach in olive oil with pressed garlic, set aside. Brown beef and sausage, drain. In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- In 13x9 baking dish, pour 2 cups of sauce in bottom of pan. Lay noodles in single layer. Cover with 2 cup of sauce, 1/2 of meat, and half of cheese filling. Top with 1/2 of spinach mixture. Repeat layer of noodles, sauce, meat, cheese and spinach. Top with layer of noodles and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yum!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**