Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Lemon Cheesecake Bars: layers of cookie crust, lemon cheesecake and lemon cookie bars! One of the most delicious desserts ever, you won’t be able to stop eating these!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
If any of you follow my blog for new updates, you may have noticed last week I dropped to only two new recipes. I meant to share these Lemon Cheesecake Bars on Thursday…but I was curled up in a ball crying in the corner.
You see. As excited as I am that my son has plans for his post high school life…it also terrifies me. I have mentioned before that he is heading off to Marine boot camp this summer. Well, we found out his date has moved up and it’s 3 weeks away.
I just want to hold and protect him forever. But you see, that’s the switch that happened. I’ve spent the past 18 years loving him, helping him learn and grow into the man he is today. 18 years of protecting him.
Now, he is the one who is leaving the nest to protect ME. And you. I’m so extremely proud and humbled by this thought. So bear with me the next few weeks as I am sure to be a mess of emotions!
You know what helps? Yep. Eating my emotions. I’m that kind of person. And these Lemon Cheesecake Bars are here for me when I’m feeling sad and scared. And after I’ve eaten the entire batch, I guess I just need to make some more, right?
Last month I proclaimed these Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars one of the best desserts I’ve ever made. And now I went and made them with a lemon twist. Which is pretty much my favorite flavor treat…I adore LEMON desserts. So I’d like to amend my previous statement and declare these Lemon Cheesecake Bars THE BEST DESSERT EVER MADE.
I’m totally losing credibility with you guys. Right? But, before I lose you. Make these. Then you’ll trust me again!!
Here are some more Cheesecake Bars you’re sure to enjoy!!
Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars: a sweet and salty crust topped with a divine cinnamon sugar cookie!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars: the pumpkin cheesecake filling with the chocolate chip cookie is perfect ANY time of year!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars: a peanut butter cookie with extra Reese’s gives this cheesecake bar a decadent twist!
Here are a few more Cheesecake ideas from my friends:
- Cherry Cheesecake Bars from Deliciously Sprinkled
- Oatmeal Cookie Cheesecake Bars from Happy Food Healthy Life
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars from Inside BruCrew Life
- Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies from Oh Sweet Basil
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Lemon Cheesecake Bars recipe and video tutorial:
Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Yield: 24 large bars
Prep Time: 4 hours, 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
For the Crust:
- 2 cup Nilla Wafers, crumbs (about 60 cookies)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 packages (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 lemon, zested
For the Cookie layer:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 lemon, zested
- 11oz white chocolate morsels (I use Ghirardelli)
- Line a 13x9 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse Nilla Wafer cookies with sugar until fine crumbs. Add in melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Press crumbs into the bottom of prepared baking dish. Using the palm of your hand, press crumbs firmly until they are pressed into the bottom of the dish.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese with sugar, eggs, lemon extract and lemon zest using the whisk attachment of your electric mixer. Beat until fluffy and smooth (about 3-4 minutes). Pour over cookie crust.
- For the cookie dough, beat butter and sugar for 2 minutes. Add egg, vanilla and lemon zest and beat until combined. Add in baking powder, salt and flour, beating until fully blended. Fold in white chocolate morsels. Scoop dough by large spoonfuls onto the top of the cheesecake layer. Use your fingertips to spread gently until covered.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned. The center will still be jiggly, that's okay. Allow to cool completely. Refrigerate for 4 hours (or overnight). Slice and serve COLD. Enjoy!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
Today’s recipe for Lemon Cheesecake Bars was originally published on Shugary Sweets on June 22, 2015 and has been republished in August 2018.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**