The BEST Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars with a graham cracker base, creamy cheesecake filling and delicious chocolate chip cookie crunch.
Click HERE to save recipe to pinterest
Today, I’m sharing one of my absolute favorite recipes. These Cheesecake bars were so good I couldn’t keep them in the house for fear of eating them all by myself! My husband’s work was fortunate enough to get a big plate of dessert at their staff meeting a few weeks ago!
Using my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and a graham cracker base, I whipped up a delicious cheesecake filling to nestle in the center!
These Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars are the perfect way to use up some of that holiday Easter candy too. Toss in a handful of colorful M&M’s candies to the cookie dough for a sweet surprise!
How to make Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Line a 13×9 baking dish with parchment paper. This helps you remove them easily from the pan and cut into nice squares. Set pan aside.
PRO TIP: To get the parchment paper to stay in place while preparing the dish, use mini clothespins or binder clips to secure parchment paper to pan. Remove before baking!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a food processor, pulse graham crackers with sugar until fine crumbs. Drizzle in the melted butter and pulse until combined.
Pour graham cracker crumbs into bottom of baking dish. Using the palm or your hand, or bottom of a measuring cup, press crumbs firmly into the bottom of the dish.
For the cheesecake filling, beat cream cheese with sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract using the whisk attachment on your mixer. Beat until fluffy and smooth, about 3-5 minutes. Pour over graham cracker crust.
For the cookie dough, beat butter with sugars for 2 minutes until combined. Add in milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
Beat until mixed. Add in flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until fully combined. Fold in chocolate chips and candies.
Drop by large scoop onto the top of the cheesecake layer. Try to use your fingertips to gently spread over the cheesecake layer, until completely covered.
Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove and cool completely. Once cooled, cover with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Cut into bars and enjoy!
Tips for making Cheesecake Bars
Use a food processor (or a ziploc bag and a meat pounder) to process your graham crackers into a fine crumb. DO NOT use the store bought graham crumbs. I personally think the flavor of those is “off” and I can tell the difference in the two!
Use parchment paper to line your 13×9 baking dish. Not only does it help with clean up…but once these are complete, you can lift the whole batch out of the pan to slice them. This helps keep them looking uniform and pretty (not smashed and uneven).
I like to make these cheesecake bars the night before serving. Or first thing in the morning.
I think the more time the cheesecake filling has to cool and chill the better they taste! Which makes these perfect for your brunch or family gathering.
You can make them ahead of time and have no stress about dessert. And because your cheesecake is covered in cookie dough, you don’t have to stress about cracks in your cheesecake recipe!
How Do You Make a Cheesecake Bar?
Whether you want to make today’s Chocolate Chip Cheesecake bars or another flavor, I have just what you’re looking for!
A traditional Perfect Vanilla Cheesecake is made in a springform pan. But cheesecake bars can be made in square baking dishes or 9×13 pans! So easy to bake and cut!
MORE CHEESECAKE BAR RECIPES:
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
- M&M’s Cheesecake Bars
- Egg Nog Cheesecake Bars
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Shopping List for Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
If you want to make life simple, feel free to purchase a delicious, good quality, refrigerated cookie dough for the topping. Homemade is always best, but sometimes fast is better.
- 18 Full Size Graham Crackers
- Unsalted Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Light Brown Sugar
- All-purpose Flour
- Kosher Salt
- Baking Soda
- Milk Chocolate Morsels
- Candy Coated Chocolate
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars with a graham cracker base, creamy cheesecake filling and delicious cookie crunch.
For the crust:
- 2 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 18 full size grahams)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake filling:
- 2 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cookie dough:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 1/2 cup candy coated chocolate eggs (pastel chocolates)
- Line a 13x9 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers with sugar until fine crumbs. Drizzle in melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour graham crumbs into bottom of baking dish. Using palm of your hand (or bottom of a cup) press crumbs firmly until they are combined (and slightly hardened) in bottom of pan.
- For the cheesecake filling, beat cream cheese with sugar, eggs, and vanilla using the whisk attachment of an electric mixer. Beat until fluffy and smooth, about 3-5 minutes. Pour over graham crust.
- For the cookie dough, beat butter with sugars for 2 minutes, until combined. Add milk, egg, and vanilla. Beat until mixed.
- Add in flour, salt and baking soda and mix until fully combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and candy coated eggs.
- Drop by large scoop onto top of cheesecake layer. Try to use your fingertips to spread gently until cheesecake is covered completely.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- Once cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cut into squares and enjoy!!
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 339 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 59mg Sodium: 167mg Carbohydrates: 50g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 33g Protein: 3g
Recipe originally published April 2, 2014
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars have a graham cracker crust, sweet cheesecake filling and topped with chocolate chip cookie dough. Baked to perfection.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**