Pina Colada Pound Cake
I think I have a habit of wanting to turn my favorite alcoholic beverages into desserts.
This cake is gorgeous. And huge. And if you can’t eat it all? I understand. Make big slices, wrap them individually in wax paper (or parchment). Put the individually wrapped slices in a ziploc or air-tight container and freeze them. Bring them out of the freezer to thaw (about one hour) and enjoy.
My freezer is stocked right now with baked goods…who’s coming over for coffee?
For the Cake:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tsp rum flavoring
For the Glaze:
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp rum flavoring
- 1 cup sweetened coconut (toasted)
- Toast coconut by laying on baking sheet and putting in a 225 degree oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes, turning every ten minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add in sugar and rum flavoring, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly add flour mixtures to mixing bowl, alternating with sour cream until fully mixed. Fold in crushed pineapple.
- Pour into a well greased and floured bundt pan. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 85-90 minutes. This makes a very big cake that will puff up over the top of your pan. It's okay.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool about 15 minutes in pan. Invert onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk the milk, rum and powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle on cooled cake and immediately sprinkle with toasted coconut. ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 622 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 127mg Sodium: 144mg Carbohydrates: 100g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 74g Protein: 7g
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**