Pina Colada Pound Cake
This cake is gorgeous. And huge. And if you can’t eat it all? I understand. Make big slices, wrap them individually in wax paper (or parchment). Put the individually wrapped slices in a ziploc or air-tight container and freeze them. Bring them out of the freezer to thaw (about one hour) and enjoy.
For the Cake:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tsp rum flavoring
For the Glaze:
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp rum flavoring
- 1 cup sweetened coconut (toasted)
- Toast coconut by laying on baking sheet and putting in a 225 degree oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes, turning every ten minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add in sugar and rum flavoring, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly add flour mixtures to mixing bowl, alternating with sour cream until fully mixed. Fold in crushed pineapple.
- Pour into a well greased and floured bundt pan. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 85-90 minutes. This makes a very big cake that will puff up over the top of your pan. It's okay.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool about 15 minutes in pan. Invert onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk the milk, rum and powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle on cooled cake and immediately sprinkle with toasted coconut. ENJOY!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**