Sour Cream Banana Bread
Add a little texture and tang to your breakfast with this Sour Cream Banana Bread. The addition of sour cream in this recipe is pure genius for the most delicious, moist slice of banana bread!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
Dare I say the words? Back to school!
Yep, we start back in just two weeks. It seems so early this year, and honestly, I’m not ready! Not just mentally ready to send them back…but we haven’t bought ANY supplies yet. Oops.
There is one thing I have done though, and that’s stock my freezer with some delicious bread. I’ve made several batches of this Amish Friendship Bread already, as well as some of my favorite Banana Zucchini Bread!
I’m always a sucker for Banana Bread…and I’ve got a bunch of varieties on the blog here that I think you should try. From this Classic Banana Bread recipe…to one of my all time favorites, Snickerdoodle Banana Bread.
That said, I’ve often seen people talk about SOUR CREAM Banana Bread. So I tested it out, having never tried it before now. You GUYS. It’s LIFE CHANGING (dramatic much?). Not only is this my NEW favorite Banana Bread recipe…but it’s seriously the most MOIST bread ever. And it STAYS moist for DAYS!!
Now I need to go back and make all my favorite banana bread recipes, like the Nutella Swirled Banana Bread, but use sour cream in the recipe. Hope you love this as much as I do.
I’ve got to go shopping now, but at least I’ve got a few breakfasts covered for back to school!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 bananas (about 2 cups mashed)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-inch loaf pans with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add in bananas. Mix until creamy. Add in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir just until combined. Fold in the sour cream until blended.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans evenly.
- Bake for one hour, remove and cool in pans ten minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely. You can then wrap in foil, or ziploc...or freeze for later!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**