Apple Cinnamon Bread
Finally caved into making something with carbs. But it is something healthy. Apples are healthy, right?
- ¾ cup plus 2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp peach preserves
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- In large bowl, beat eggs, butter and sugar until creamy and well combined. Stir in preserves and cinnamon. Add flours, baking powder and salt. Stir until just combined. Fold in apples.
- Pour batter into loaf pan an refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. I usually make this the night before and toss in the oven in the morning.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease loaf pan and line bottom with parchment paper. Bake 60 minutes, and cool in pan for 15 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack and cool completely. Enjoy!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**