Snickerdoodle Banana Bread
Take your classic banana bread recipe to the next level! This Snickerdoodle Banana Bread recipe has a crunchy top coating of cinnamon and sugar, a real crowd pleaser!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
When it comes to cookies, Snickerdoodles are hands down one of my favorites. Followed by Oatmeal Scotchies, Oatmeal Raisin then Chocolate Chip. I love the sweet cinnamon sugar combination and I’ll try my hardest to “snickerdoodle” everything. Like these Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars, Blondies, Truffles, Biscotti, and Muddy Buddies.
Today, I’ve taken my favorite Classic Banana Bread recipe and gave it a good Snickerdoodle twist.
I not only added a little extra cinnamon to the bread, but I coated it in a cinnamon and sugar topping. Much like Amish friendship bread, I greased the bread pans and gave a THICK coating of cinnamon sugar before adding the batter. Once the bread pans were filled with batter, I then
poured sprinkled a generous amount of cinnamon sugar to the top before baking. This creates the sweet crust you see in the photos!
Oh my gosh you guys, it’s my new favorite way to eat Banana bread! And I’m not a boring banana bread eater, as you can seek out a bunch of version on my website (blueberry, coconut, apple carrot, nutella).
Spread on a layer of whipped butter and grab a cup of coffee and this my friends is my favorite way to start the day. Especially in the summer when I know the chaos of “what are we doing today” will soon ensue! It’s the perfect way to use up those ripe bananas!
How to make Banana Bread:
- Start by greasing your TWO loaf pans generously with baking spray or a combination of Crisco and flour. Coat this generously with a cinnamon sugar mixture. Set the pans aside and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with milk and sugar until blended. Add eggs and mashed banana and combine completely. Add dry ingredients. Mix just until blended.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pans and generously sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar. Bake for one hour. Check doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf and making sure it comes out clean.
- Remove from pan to wire rack and allow to cool before eating.
One of the best parts of today’s recipe is that it makes TWO loaves of bread. AND it freezes well. So you can save one loaf for later, or if you’re like my family, one loaf today, one loaf tomorrow!
How to freeze the best Banana Bread recipe:
- You can freeze these loaves of bread after they have cooled completely.
- Wrap cooled banana bread in foil. Place foil wrapped bread into a Ziploc freezer safe bag, seal tightly. Label and freeze.
- When ready to enjoy, thaw at room temperature overnight or several hours. ENJOY.
- You may be asking yourself “how long can I store banana bread in the freezer?” Properly wrapped and stored, you can safely freeze the bread for 2 to 3 months. The quality will be wonderful, so go enjoy!
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Here are a few of my other favorite quick breads:
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread: full citrus flavor shines through in this delicious bread recipe!
Crunchy Streusel Zucchini Bread: hands down this is my favorite zucchini bread recipe ever!!
Cherry Lime Quick Bread: from the swirls of sweet cherry filling to the zing of the citrus glaze, this bread is amazing!
If you love today’s Snickerdoodle Banana Bread recipe, here are a few other recipes you may enjoy:
- Carrot Zucchini Bread from Averie Cooks
- Apple Streusel Bread from Julies Eats and Treats
- Sour Cream Banana Bread from Inside BruCrew Life
- Fresh Strawberry Bread from My Baking Addiction
How to make Banana Bread video:
Snickerdoodle Banana Bread
Yield: 2 loaves
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:60 minutes
For the Bread:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large bananas, mashed
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 9-inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Sprinkle generously over greased loaf pans (saving the remaining mixture for the tops of the bread). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with milk and sugar until blended. Add eggs and mashed banana and combine completely. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix just until blended.
- Pour evenly into loaf pans. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake for one hour.
- Remove from oven and cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely. Store in airtight container for several days, or freeze bread for later use.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
This scrumptious Snickerdoodle Banana Bread recipe was originally published June 6, 2016 and has been updated in April 2018.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**