Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
Pumpkin Zucchini Bread is an incredibly moist, flavorful treat topped with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting! Makes TWO freezer friendly loaves!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
I have a confession. I already have made my Pumpkin Scones recipe twice and have two other (NEW) pumpkin recipes ready to share! It’s true. I’m obsessed.
Back in July, my zucchini crop was overflowing. It was so abundant that I was not only giving zucchini away, but I was baking nearly EVERY SINGLE DAY for weeks. My freezer is still packed with some of these delicious breads and muffins!
Little did you know, I saved the mother of all zucchini recipes for NOW. I’ve combined the use of zucchini with my favorite fall flavor: PUMPKIN, to create the most delicious, moist bread ever.
And if that wasn’t enough, the cinnamon cream cheese frosting on top will make you swoon.
So…tell me….do you love pumpkin recipes? Or are you like my husband who is waiting for pumpkin season to be over so I can start pulling out the peppermint?
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Love pumpkin recipes? Here are some of my favorites on the blog…
Pumpkin Hand Pies: easy to bake, and perfect for the holidays!
Pumpkin Magic Cake: you’re going to love how the layers separate magically in this recipe!
Pumpkin Streusel Donuts: I could eat these every morning!
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
How to make Pumpkin Zucchini Bread:
Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
Yield: 2 loaves
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
For the bread:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
For the frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2-4 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-inch loaf pans generously with baking spray, and line the bottom of the pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil, and eggs until blended. Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and canned pumpkin. Mix just until blended. Fold in shredded zucchini.
- Divide batter evenly between the two loaf pans. Bake for about 60-70 minutes, until toothpick poked in center of bread comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- For the frosting, beat the cream cheese with powdered sugar, cinnamon, and milk. Add more/less milk for desired consistency. Spread over cooled bread. ENJOY!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**