Freezer Friendly Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
A slice of this freezer friendly Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread and a cup of coffee is the perfect way to start your day. Recipe makes two loaves of sweet bread!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
Click HERE to PIN IT for later!
So this was a rough weekend for our family. We dropped our oldest daughter off to college, 4 1/2 hours away.
I know, I know…this is what we strive for as parents, to raise kids who can fly on their own.
I just wish her flight pattern was in town, LOL.
But seriously, between sending our oldest son off to the Marines two years ago, and now her to college, I am feeling lost. My husband and I still have our two youngest girls at home, but the dynamics of a family changes with each child leaving the nest.
So…we did what any family would do when a child leaves for college. We rearranged all the bedrooms, haha. My middle daughter moved into her sisters room within HOURS of being home.
Now the next step if figuring out how to cook for 4 people. Our daughter in college is our swimmer and can eat for 3 people, so cooking for our family was always a big affair…now I have to scale that down.
One thing I won’t scale down though is all my bread recipes. If I’m going through the process of baking bread, I like to make TWO loaves, one of for now and one for the freezer. This Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is a great way to use up those last of the season zucchini. I prefer to freeze my baked goods instead of freezing the shredded zucchini. I find shredded zucchini thawed is so watery and you lose so much in the process. Plus, it’s great to be able to take a loaf of bread out of the freezer at night and enjoy it for breakfast! With a cup of coffee.
Or…better yet, travel to see my daughter with some sweet, freezer friendly Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread 🙂
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
FOR THE BREAD:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 pkg (11 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottom only of two 9-inch loaf pans with parchment paper or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients for bread, stirring to completely combined.
- Pour into greased pans and bake for 60 minutes, until completely cooked. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan, remove from pan and cool completely.
- Store wrapped in foil, or freeze for future use! ENJOY!
Looking for more delicious quick bread recipes? Here are a few of my favorites…
- Lemon Quick Bread from Crazy for Crust
- Sour Cream Banana Bread from Shugary Sweets
- Lemon Blueberry Quick Bread from Barbara Bakes
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread from Shugary Sweets
- Orange Cranberry Quick Bread from Bless this Mess
- Lemon Zucchini Bread from Shugary Sweets
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**