Instant Pot Pancake Bites – A whole new way to use your Instant Pot! These miniature pancakes are especially tasty drizzled with nutella and covered in sprinkles.
These Instant Pot Pancake Bites are adorable and so easy to make too.
Everyone loves a stack of pancakes for breakfast (or breakfast for dinner!). What I do not love is standing at the griddle, flipping them one by one.
It’s not so bad if I’m making pancakes for just the family, but when we have breakfasts guests or everyone’s extra hungry, I hate being chained to the stove while everyone else is sipping their dalgona coffee.
This recipe cooks up a big batch of bite sized pancakes in minutes thanks to the Instant Pot and silicone molds. Delicious as part of a big breakfast or weekend brunch!
How to Make Pancake Bites
My silicone molds get most of their use when I make Instant Pot Egg Bites. You can use the same shape molds for pancake bites as well!
To make these, I started with a simple pancake batter. Then I sprayed the mold cups with cooking spray and filled them about 3/4 of the way with pancake batter.
Cover the tops with foil, add water to the bottom of your Instant Pot, then pressure cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 5 minutes. Boom. Cute little bites of pancake!
Release the pressure, cool and turn the pancake bites out onto a plate. Serve warm with whatever toppings your heart desired. These perfect, sweet, fluffy pancakes taste delicious every which way.
Have you ever spread Nutella on your pancakes?
The rich swirl of chocolate and hazelnut softens when it touches the warm pancakes, allowing the sweetness to soak into the pancake.
I drizzled Nutella over the pancake bites. Then, naturally, I added sprinkles too. Because it’s impossible not to be happy when you’re eating something covered in sprinkles.
In case you’re not into Nutella, or want something different, here are a few more toppings you can serve with your Instant Pot Pancake Bites:
- Maple syrup
- Fruit compote
- Whipped cream
- Peanut butter (or your other favorite nut butter)
Anything you love on full sized pancakes will work equally as well on these miniature ones!
Pancake Bites Variations
A simple pancake bite topped with Nutella or maple syrup is a delicious breakfast or anytime treat that everyone loves! You can also use this recipe as a foundation for making all kinds of varieties of pancakes.
To turn these into berry pancakes, add a few blueberries or chopped strawberries to each mold along with the pancake mix. Just make sure that the molds are no more than 3/4 full even with the berries.
If you’re like me and can never get enough Nutella with her pancakes, try baking a little Nutella right in each bite! Add a teaspoon of melted Nutella to each cup before cooking in the Instant Pot.
Can you freeze?
Yes! These store well in the fridge for up the 3 days but they’re also great for freezing. You can keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
This recipe makes enough for up to 21 bites depending on the size of your molds. If you want some leftover to freeze, double the batter and make two batches one right after the other. You’ll never regret having delicious homemade mini pancakes in the freezer!
Tips & Tricks
- To remove the pancakes from the silicone molds, first let them cool for a few minutes after removing from the pot. Then, turn the molds out onto a plate and carefully tap the bottom of the molds to release the pancakes without breaking.
- Don’t forget to add the foil on top of the molds. This helps keep the water from entering the molds and ruining your pancake bites.
- These are best served warm! If eating leftovers, heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds or so before serving.
Today’s recipe was tested in my 6qt Instant Pot using the high pressure function.
Also helpful is a set of silicone molds – found on Amazon
A sling or trivet is useful, this is the one I use – on Amazon
Pin this now to save for laterPin this recipe to your favorite Board
More Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Pancake Bites - A whole new way to use your Instant Pot! These miniature pancakes are especially tasty drizzled with nutella and covered in sprinkles.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Blueberries, optional
- 3 Tbsp Nutella (melted for about 30 seconds in the microwave), optional
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl and combine.
- Mix in the egg, milk, cooled butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract until combined (it is ok to have some lumps).
- Spray silicone molds and divide the mixture into the molds till they are about 3/4 full.
- Cover the silicone tray with the silicone cover or with some foil tightly wrapped around the edges to avoid condensation seeping into the pancake bites.
- Add 1.5 cups of water to the Instant Pot insert followed by the trivet.
- Add the silicone molds on the trivet.
- Secure the lid and set the sealing valve to SEALING. Select HIGH PRESSURE (or manual) and set time for 8 minutes.
- When done allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes and then quickly release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the silicone molds from the instant pot and open them. Allow to cool a few minutes.
- Turn the molds over on plate or tray and carefully tap the bottoms to remove the pancake bites without breaking, or use a spoon to pop them out of the molds.
- Drizzle some extra Nutella over the pancake bites and top with sprinkles.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, jam, Nutella, honey etc.
- You can add a few blueberries into each mold cup or a teaspoon of melted Nutella (just don’t do more than 3/4th full even with the fruit or Nutella in)
- Best served warm so reheat in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds.
- Keep for 3 days in the fridge, or freeze in airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Not all mold covers fit properly, so the foil keeps the water from entering.
- This can make up to 21 bites depending on the size of your molds or if you use fruits and other add-ins
- Swap in other berries like chopped blackberries and chopped strawberries or top with other nut butters
- Make them savory and sweet by adding in a little cooked breakfast sausage or bacon before pressure cooking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.
Instant Pot Pancake Bites covered in sprinkles are the breakfast treat your weekends need!