Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip tastes like cookie dough and is totally safe to eat. Whip up a batch of this easy, no bake chocolate chip cookie dough dip and enjoy as a yummy dip or just with a spoon!
Everything is better with chocolate chips! This Chocolate chip banana bread is perfect moist, and slightly sweet thanks to the chocolate chips. Our readers are obsessed with these Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies!
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
I love to eat chocolate chip cookies so much, but tend to eat the cookie dough by the spoonful. I know we aren’t supposed to eat raw cookie dough, but I’m a bit of a risk taker.
This dessert dip is so yummy and tastes like cookie dough! It’s a favorite of mine to take to parties.
- It’s egg free and flour free, so you can eat it safely.
- Just 6 ingredients needed!
- Cream cheese and butter replace some of your basic cookie ingredients to make this yummy cookie dough dip.
- Add some of your favorite mix-ins to make a fun party dessert.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Butter – We prefer to use unsalted butter in our baking recipes, and no salt is needed for this dip. Especially when serving with salty pretzels!
- Vanilla Extract – Provides a depth of flavor to the dip. Be sure to use pure vanilla extract, not imitation. Or try making our homemade vanilla extract!
- Cream Cheese – Use full fat regular cream cheese for best consistency and creaminess. And be sure it’s softened!
- Chocolate Chips – I prefer the texture of mini chocolate chips in the dip, however regular chocolate chips are fine if that’s all you have.
How to Make Cookie Dough Dip
This cookie dough dip only takes about 5 minutes to make. So grab your ingredients and let’s get started!
Step 1. Make butter mixture. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in brown sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves. When the mixture starts to bubble, set it aside to cool. Whisk in vanilla extract.
Step 2. Make cream cheese mixture. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy.
Step 3. Combine. Add in the cooled butter and sugar mixture.
Step 4. Add in mini chocolate chips. Stir the chocolate chips into the cookie dough until well incorporated.
That’s it! Serve this dip with pretzels, animal crackers, graham sticks, whatever you wish.
Tips and Tricks
- Let the butter mixture cool completely while you beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Only add the butter mixture to the cream cheese once its fully cooled.
- You can customize your mix-ins for this cookie dough to your tastes. I prefer using milk chocolate chips and mini milk chocolate chips, because that’s how I make my chocolate chip cookies, but you could just as easily add in white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, nuts, or candy bits like sprinkles, M&M’s or Reese’s Pieces.
- Some cookie dough dips call for raw flour, which can be heat treated for extra caution. This recipe doesn’t use flour, so it’s one less step and no need to worry about food safety.
- Since this recipe doesn’t have raw eggs, it is safe to eat as is, but don’t try to bake this dough into cookies. If you have a craving for baked cookies, check out all of my cookie recipes. There are many to choose from and they are absolutely delicious!
This recipe is great served as a dip with crackers (such as animal crackers or graham crackers), pretzels, cookies (Oreos, Nilla wafers, shortbread cookies, etc), fresh fruit (apple slices and strawberries are favorites) or just enjoy it with a spoon!
This dip can be stored, in a covered container, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Be sure to let it sit out at room temperature for about 30 minutes before eating. (It will firm up in the fridge, and letting it sit out will allow it to return to a creamy, spreadable consistency.)
Yes! You can freeze this dip in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy it, let it thaw completely before eating.
More Cookie Dough Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- White Chocolate Cookie Dough Fudge
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip
- Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites
- Cookie Dough Bars
- Cookie Dough Frosting
Cookie Dough Dip
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in brown sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves. When the mixture starts to bubble, set it aside to cool. Whisk in the vanilla extract.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. Add in the butter mixture. Mix until combined. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Serve this dip with pretzels, animal crackers, graham sticks, fruit.
- The mini chips are perfect size for scooping and eating. However, feel free to use regular semi-sweet chocolate chips if desired.
- Store cookie dough in refrigerator.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip recipe made in under 10 minutes. Perfect served with cookies, crackers, and fruit!