Creamy, delicious Lemon Cheesecake has the perfect consistency and is topped with a homemade Lemon curd!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
Some people celebrate Christmas, Elvis’ birthday, anniversaries. But I also enjoy celebrating food holidays. And today, being National Cheesecake Day, is one of my favorites!
As you may recall, I’ve been working with PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese this year to create some delicious recipes using their product. When they asked if I could create a dessert for National Cheesecake Day, well, it only seemed fitting I go with a lemon flavored treat.
Several years ago we had a house sitter who would leave us cheesecakes in the refrigerator when we would return home from vacations. I mean seriously, do you know how exciting it was to return home to a freshly baked cheesecake? He made some great flavors. When he moved, he gave me his basic recipes for some of these cheesecakes. Today, I tweaked one of his base recipes and added some homemade lemon curd on top. I also used a chocolate cookie crust instead of a graham cracker crust, just to add a little extra decadence. It is a holiday after all!
I know many people get afraid when it’s time to make a cheesecake. They think it’s going to be hard. Just like I’m afraid to make macarons. I know, silly right?
How to make Cheesecake:
- Line the bottom and sides of your springform pan with foil. This is VERY important. Because we are going to bake our cheesecakes in a water bath, you don’t want that water seeping into your cheesecake. Cut a big piece of foil and wrap the bottom of your pan (ON THE OUTSIDE). If I’m feeling paranoid, I’ll double layer the foil.
- Use PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese for your filling. Seriously people, you want the creamiest cheesecake? Using a product that is made from fresh local milk (from farm to fridge in just 6 days) and real wholesome cream creates the best cheesecake. It’s a no brainer.
- Once you make your cheesecake crust and add your filling, place your pan into a water bath. I use my broiler pan. I place my cheesecake into the pan, then add enough water to go up the sides of the springform pan about 1 inch. If you’re scared of this step, just put your broiler pan of water on the lowest rack instead.
- Bake cheesecake according to directions. When it’s done baking, DON’T open the oven. Just turn the oven off and leave your cheesecake in there for about 45 minutes. This helps cut down on those cracks on top of your cheesecake!
- Remove cheesecake from oven after 45 minutes and allow to set in refrigerator. I prefer to give it at least 6-8 hours, but I’ve eaten it as quickly as 4 hours. Add your lemon curd and slice and serve. (for nice clean slices, run knife in hot water and wipe with paper towel after each slice).
- If your cheesecake cracked…don’t worry! You’ll be topping it with lemon curd. You can also try this VANILLA Cheesecake recipe topped with whipped cream and fresh berries.
So there you have it.
A few of my favorite tricks for Cheesecake Baking. Today’s recipe uses one fresh lemon, zested into the cheesecake filling and some homemade Lemon Curd on top. It adds a touch of sweetness from the citrus curd. You can make your own using this recipe, or buy a jar at the store. And don’t forget to stock up on some PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese.
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Lemon Cheesecake recipe:
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time:7 hours, 30 minutes
Cook Time:60 minutes
For the crust:
- 16 Chocolate wafer cookies
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- 2 packages (8oz each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
For the topping:
- 1 cup lemon curd
- Prepare 9inch springform pan by wrapping entire bottom, and partially up the sides with foil (the OUTSIDE of the pan, no inside). Set aside.
- To make crust, blend cookies in food processor until fine Incorporate melted butter until even. Press crust into bottom of a 9inch springform pan. Freeze while you make the filling.
- In a saucepan with inch of boiling water, place a double boiler, metal bowl or glass bowl to heat heavy cream. Once warm, add white chocolate chips and remove from heat. Whisk until chocolate is smooth. Set aside to cool (about 15 minutes).
- For the filling, beat cream cheese, lemon zest, sugar, cornstarch, sour cream and vanilla.
- Slowly add cooled white chocolate mixtures. Finally, add eggs, one at a time until mixture is smooth. Pour into prepared crust and place cheesecake pan into a large baking dish (I use a roasting pan). Fill dish with hot water to about 1-2 inches up sides of cheesecake pan.
- Bake 60 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Turn off oven and let sit undisturbed for about 45 minutes. Remove and allow to cool in refrigerator about 6-8 hours (or overnight).
- Top with prepared lemon curd, slice and enjoy!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
Today’s recipe for Lemon Cheesecake was originally published on Shugary Sweets on July 30, 2014 and has been republished in August 2018
“I have been selected by Kraft Foods to be an ambassador for PHILADELPHIA cream cheese. While I have been compensated for my time, my opinions are my own, and I have not been paid to post positive comments. Read my disclosure policy for more information!”
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**