Delicious Lemon Cookies get a boost of extra crunch from lemon Oreos! Chewy lemon cookies with white chocolate chips, these are such a fun and easy treat to bake for family and friends!
Lemon Oreo Cookies
I’m back with another delicious citrus packed dessert! This time it’s Lemon Crunch Cookies.
Why the crunch? Well, I added Lemon Oreos. You heard me right. Lemon cookies inside of lemon cookies.
I loved the idea of having a bit of crunch in the cookies, but I also have a weakness for chewy doughy cookies.
I used some lemon pudding mix to get a soft cookie dough with a crunchy filling.
Not only do they stay soft for days, but the pudding gives an extra punch of lemon flavor!
Adding pudding to cookies is nothing new around here!
- Pudding Cookies -chocolate chip!
- Boyfriend Cookies– pudding cookies with ALL the things!
- M&M Pudding Cookies
You’ll find all the basic cookie making ingredients here, with a few extras thrown in for flavor:
- Butter- I almost always use unsalted butter, unless I say otherwise (like in these chocolate chunk cookies). Make sure the butter is softened to room temperature.
- Sugar- a combination of granulated sugar and light brown sugar creates the perfect texture and right amount of sweetness to this cookie base.
- Lemon Pudding Mix- one box of the instant pudding mix gets added to the cookie dough before baking. If you can’t find lemon, you can use vanilla pudding mix and add lemon extract.
- Vanilla Extract- I always use my homemade vanilla extract in baking. Adding lemon extract would work great too!
- White chocolate chips- they are the perfect addition to these cookies!
- Lemon Oreos- crush slightly, but not into fine crumbs. You want pieces of the cookie to add the signature crunch!
Chop Oreos. The oreo pieces don’t need to be tiny. Just move the knife over them until they’re in bite sized pieces.
Make the Dough. Beat butter and sugars together, then add vanilla and INSTANT lemon pudding mix. Eggs, flour, baking soda and kosher salt bring the dough together.
Add Extras. Fold in white chocolate morsels and chopped Oreos carefully. You want to avoid turning them into crumbs as you integrate the Oreo pieces in to the lemon cookie dough.
Bake. Use a rounded spoon or cookie dough scoop to scoop the dough onto a prepared cookie sheet. Bake them for 10 -13 minutes. Cool them on the cookie sheet for a minute or two after they come out of the oven, then transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Eat and enjoy!
Note: If you’re having trouble with the cookies spreading too much, chilling the dough for at least an hour first helps tremendously!
Store lemon crunch cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. After that they begin to lose their crunch and chewy bite.
Yes! Lemon cookies are great for freezing. Once cooled, transfer to a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
You can freeze the lemon oreo cookie dough if you won’t be baking these cookies right away. I like to scoop the dough into balls on a cookie sheet, flash freeze for 30 minutes, then transfer the cookie dough balls to a ziploc freezer bag (for up to 3 months).
This cookie recipe can easily be adapted to create chewy-crunchy cookies with all kinds of flavor combinations. Replace the lemon Oreos and lemon Jell-o with any of these flavors to make your customized cookie creation.
- Crunchy cherry cookies: Sugar free cherry Jell-o mix and cherry cola Oreos.
- Double chocolate crunch cookies: Chocolate fudge pudding mix and classic or chocolate stuffed Oreos. Substitute the white chocolate morsels for semi-sweet morsels.
- Berries and cream crunch cookies: Strawberry gelatin mix and Golden Oreos.
- Red velvet crunch cookies: Sugar free strawberry Jell-o mix and red velvet Oreos.
There are almost endless ways you can play with this cookie recipe! Every time I plan to experiment, though, I think about just how much I love the lemon flavor and I end up making them just the same.
More Recipes with Oreos
- Oreo Cheesecake Bites
- Oreo Peanut Butter Truffles– (not your typical Oreo truffle recipe here)
- Oreo Peanut Butter Dip
- Chocolate covered Oreos
Do you love lemon cookies? These easy to make treats are the perfect balance of chewy and crunchy with DOUBLE the lemon happiness.