No Bake Strawberry Lasagna is a cool, creamy layered dessert that’s going to knock your socks off! This sweet treat is easy to make and sure to impress!
Our family loves strawberry desserts, as do many of our readers. This strawberry pie recipe is easy to make, and loved by many. Or give the classic strawberry pretzel salad a try for your next potluck.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe is Best
Lasagna for dessert? You bet! You may remember our easy peanut butter lasagna recipe. Or give our chocolate chip cookie lasagna a try soon.
But today, let’s talk STRAWBERRY lasagna.
This cool, creamy dessert has a graham cracker crust, a creamy cheesecake layer, a pretty pink strawberry layer and then is topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
What’s not to love?
- No baking needed!
- Just 7 ingredients for the whole dessert!
- Makes a lot, so it’s great for serving a crowd.
- Strawberry Gelatin – Get a box of this powdered gelatin to make the creamy strawberry layer. (You can also switch out the flavor here to make a different version.)
- Unsalted Butter – I use unsalted butter in all of my baking, but it’s fine to substitute salted butter in this recipe if that’s what you have.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure to use the full fat variety and let it soften on the counter for a few minutes so it’s easier to blend.
- Cool Whip – This is used in the cheesecake layer, strawberry layer and on top of the lasagna, so you need 3 containers. Or swap it out for this homemade whipped cream recipe if you prefer!
- Graham Crackers – Pulse these in a food processor to make crumbs – or buy the box of crumbs at the store. For a sweeter crust, swap out the graham cracker crumbs and use Golden Oreos or Butter Cookies instead.
Make the strawberry layer first. Mix the strawberry gelatin with boiling water until dissolved, then stir in the cold water. Let cool for 15 minutes then stir in 1 container of Cool Whip. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Make the crust. Combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish. Freeze crust for about 15 minutes.
Make the cheesecake layer. Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth. Add in 1 container of Cool Whip and blend until combined.
Assemble and chill the lasagna. Spoon the cheesecake mixture over the graham cracker crust in the baking dish. Add the chilled strawberry layer on top. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
Add toppings and serve. Spread the last container of Cool Whip over the top of the lasagna. Top with the chopped fresh strawberries and serve cold!
Tips and Tricks
- Use softened cream cheese for a creamy, smooth filling. Be sure to choose the block of cream cheese, not the spreadable kind in a tub.
- Be sure to chill the layers. The strawberry layer needs to chill for 30 minutes to set up to the right consistency before you layer it into the lasagna. The crust also needs about 15 minutes in the freezer to set up firmly.
- Swap out the crust. Instead of a graham cracker crust, feel free to use Golden Oreos or Butter Cookies as the base of the lasagna. Or try it with an Oreo pie crust for a chocolate twist.
- Change up the flavor! Instead of strawberry, choose a different flavor gelatin and use that fruit for topping the lasagna.
- More No Bakes. Our strawberry eclair cake is similar to the classic version, filled with fresh berries.
Sure can! Try our stabilized whipped cream if you prefer. Just keep in mind the recipe calls for THREE containers of Cool Whip, so be sure to make enough.
This dessert should be stored, covered, in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 3 days.
Yes! Once layered, cover the dish with plastic wrap, then aluminum foil, and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving. (Tip: Leave off the fresh fruit and add when serving.)