Strawberry Pretzel Bars
These No Bake Strawberry Pretzel Bars are the perfect sweet and salty combination!
Click HERE to save recipe to pinterest!
My Aunt Sandy makes the most delicious Strawberry Pretzel bars ever. I don’t know the recipe exactly, but I know the top is made with frozen strawberries and gelatin (I think, haha).
My last visit to Costco I bought one of those giant packages of fresh strawberries. And while we typically can plow through one of those in a day or two…my kids were busy eating all the other food I bought during that trip.
So before those strawberries went bad, I decided to try to recreate my Aunt’s recipe from my mind…using fresh berries. (Aunt Sandy if you’re reading this, let me know if I’m close!!)
How to make Strawberry Pretzel Bars:
- I started by making a pretzel and pecan base. I used my food processor to pulse these together. Don’t make it into a fine crumb…just whiz it up a few times. You want some good chunks. Add in the sugar and melted butter. You’re going to press this into the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish.
- As you can see with the photo above, for the most part, the pretzel layer stays together with a few strays. These aren’t going to turn out as gorgeous stunning, perfectly square slices of cheesecake bars. They are more “rustic.” <—-I use this term to describe things that are messy to serve. Rustic sounds good, right??
- I topped these bars with an easy, no bake cheesecake mixture. Seriously easy…and super sweet! Exactly how it’s meant to taste!
- For the strawberries, I sliced each berry for a more beautiful “rustic” appeal. However, after consulting my taste testers, it was agreed that diced smaller would have made it easier to eat. And more strawberries on top would not have been a bad thing! I used 4 cups of sliced berries…which seemed like a lot at the time. So use that as a starting point, and add more if you prefer!
Love this No Bake dessert? Here are some more delicious ideas….
No Bake Brownie Brittle Toffee Bars: my husband still says this is his favorite recipe on the blog. That’s a big thing!
Skinny No Bake cookies: sweet yet guilt free!
75+ No Bake Treats: a huge collection of ideas, just for you!
If you love these Strawberry Cheesecake Bars…here are some great no bake recipes from my friends:
- No Bake Mocha Mud Pie from Crazy for Crust
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake from Country Cleaver
- Peanut Butter Snicker’s Cheesecake Pie from A Kitchen Addiction
- No Bake Coconut Icebox Cake from Willowbird Baking
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make! I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Strawberry Pretzel Bars recipe:
FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 1/2 cup pretzels
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- 4 cup sliced, fresh strawberries
- In a large food processor add pretzels, pecans and sugar. Pulse a couple times until pieces are broken and combined (not fine crumbs). Add in melted butter and mix with a fork.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, condensed milk and lemon juice. Beat for about 4-5 minutes, scraping down sides as necessary. Should be fluffy and smooth. Fold in Cool Whip until fully combined. Spread over pretzel crust.
- Top with sliced strawberries. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. ENJOY!
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel
Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish with Red Plastic Lid - 9 inch x 13 Inch
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
*Today’s recipe for Strawberry Pretzel Bars was originally published on Shugary Sweets on May 21, 2015 and has been republished in June 2018
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**