Puff Pastry Bread Sticks
- Frozen puff pastry
- Egg white
- Salt, garlic salt and rosemary (fresh or dried)
Using half the box of puff pastry dough yields about 12 breadsticks. I don’t like to make too many at once because they’re best served within a few hours after baking. However, if you’re cooking for a crowd, it’s easy to double this recipe and use all the pastry.
How to Make Bread Sticks with Puff Pastry
At least an hour before you plan to serve, remove the puff pastry from the freezer and let thaw at room temperature. (Follow directions on the pastry box for proper thawing procedure for your brand.)
STEP 1. Unfold the puff pastry onto a counter lined with parchment paper. Cut the raw pastry into 12 thin strips.
STEP 2. In a bowl, mix the egg white with the water. Brush the pastry with the egg white mixture.
STEP 3. Sprinkle the strips of dough with the salt, garlic salt and rosemary.
STEP 4. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes then serve while still warm!
Recipe Note: I’ve made these with both dried and fresh rosemary, depending on what I have on hand. Both are good, but keep in mind that you need to use far less of a dried herb than fresh, as the flavor is more concentrated!
Puff Pastry Breadsticks are a blank canvas for your creativity! Mix up the seasoning and spices based on your entree, dinner theme or cravings.
My whole family loves the rosemary on these
Try these ideas for Puff Pastry Breadsticks . . .
- Sprinkle with an Italian Seasoning blend and minced dried garlic for serving these alongside Spaghetti or Lasagna.
- Want something sweet? Try dusting puff pastry with a cinnamon and sugar blend for a dessert breadstick or breakfast pastry!
- Add a teaspoon of dried sage to the rosemary for the perfect breadsticks to pair with Slow Cooker Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloins.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed (1/2 box)
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
- Unfold thawed puff pastry onto a piece of parchment paper or silpat (follow box directions on proper thawing procedure). Cut into 12 thin strips. In small bowl, mix egg white with water. Brush egg mixture onto puff pastry.
- Sprinkle pastry with salt, garlic and rosemary. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Enjoy!