This 30 minute Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo recipe is a staple of our monthly meal rotation. Creamy, cheesy, and garlicky, it’s a pasta that makes everyone happy!
Why This Recipe is Best
Making alfredo is already a simple dinner. For instance, this Sausage Alfredo is ready in under 30 minutes.
So why choose the instant pot?
Well, for one, less mess. The pasta, chicken and sauce all cook in ONE pot. Makes clean up so easy.
It’s also a wonderful method to use if you want a level of “set it and forget it” to your cooking. You can leave the pasta and chicken while it cooks and trust that it’s cooked to perfection when the timer goes off.
- 7 simple ingredients.
- One pot recipe.
- Extra creamy sauce.
- Perfect Parmesan flavor.
- An easy kid-friendly dinner any night of the week!
- Chicken breast. Boneless skinless chicken thighs make a great substitute!
- Heavy cream. Gives chicken alfredo the cream quality alfredo sauce is famous for.
- Chicken broth. Combines with the heavy cream to form a delicious savory sauce.
- Pressed garlic. For that irresistible aromatic flavor.
- Fettuccini noodles. Other long noodles can be used. Break them in half so they all fit into your Instant Pot.
- Parmesan cheese. Because what’s chicken alfredo without it? Grate it fresh before adding to the cooked pasta and sauce.
In this recipe, the chicken breast should be sliced after cooking. This ensures it is done at the same time as the pasta and Alfredo sauce.
Chicken Alfredo is a versatile meal that tastes great with most vegetables.
Serve it with steamed broccoli and a mixed green salad for a full meal. Roasted vegetables would be delicious with this pasta dish too.
Store leftover Chicken Alfredo in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat and enjoy within 3-5 days.
For a little spice, sprinkle a few crushed red pepper flakes on your alfredo pasta before serving. If you love a super garlicky pasta, feel free to add a clover or two of additional pressed garlic, or a teaspoon of garlic powder.
Tips and Tricks
- This recipe can easily be doubled without changing the cook time.
- You can also choose to skip the chicken altogether and make this vegetarian by using vegetable broth.
- Leftovers are great. Reheat with a splash of milk in the microwave.
- Some people LOVE their fettuccine alfredo thick and creamy. You can add in some cubes of cream cheese if this is you. My husband would freak if I did this, as he is a purist, haha!
- If you’d like your noodles a little more al dente, you can cut back the cook time by 2 minutes. But, I would first saute the chicken for two minutes then, to make sure it’s fully cooked. You can do this by setting your Instant Pot to saute, sear the chicken for two minutes, remove, then follow the directions as written, except cut your cooking time by 2 minutes.
- Love to add garlic to everything? This recipe calls for about 1 tsp of fresh minced, but feel free to add to your liking.
Want more Instant Pot Recipes?
Well, good news. I’ve got some great recipes up my sleeve for the New Year, so stay tuned.
In the meantime, how about starting with the basics. Like this recipe for Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs. The simple 5-5-5 method for making perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs. You’ll be amazed at how easily they peel, and how creamy and delicious they taste!
No more all day cooking to make a batch of fresh applesauce. This homemade Instant Pot applesauce recipe is ready for dinner tonight!
Looking for a delicious, easy weeknight dinner idea? This Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole recipe is the perfect comfort food, and ready in under 30 minutes! Tastes just like mom’s homemade stuffed peppers, only easier and quicker!
Tender roasted, French Dip Sandwiches cooked in the Instant Pot. Piled on a crusty french roll with extra cheese, this flavorful dinner is then dipped in au jus!
Tell me…what Instant Pot recipes would YOU like to see?
More quick and easy Meal ideas
If you’re looking for CHICKEN dinners…this Mandarin Chicken Pasta Spinach Salad recipe is amazing. And the teriyaki vinaigrette is so flavorful and addictive. Try it!
Creamy Tuscan Garlic Blackened Salmon Pasta has a cheesy garlic sauce with cherry tomatoes and fresh spinach! Serve over pasta for a restaurant quality meal in under 30 minutes!
Creamy, Sausage Alfredo Pasta is a quick and versatile dinner recipe that is on the table in under 30 minutes!
Easy, inexpensive and completely delicious Chicken Alfredo Pasta is even easier when you use your Instant Pot!