The simple 5-5-5 method for making perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs. You’ll be amazed at how easily they peel, and how creamy and delicious they taste!
I have finally found the secret to making perfect hard boiled eggs. I’m only 44 years old, so I’m counting this as a win in my book!
I have many years ahead of me now making stress-free hard boiled eggs.
Am I the only one who struggles removing the peel?
I’ve tried all the tricks, from old eggs, to ice baths, to putting them in the oven (it’s a thing). Sometimes I’d get a couple in the batch that peel amazing, and then there are some where I remove half the white part just to get the shell off.
Our deviled eggs never look pretty, hehe!
Until now that is. Now that I have discovered how to make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs.
I recently bought myself an Instant Pot (have you heard of this???) and was afraid to use it. No really, I was overwhelmed by all it’s buttons and directions.
I use the 5-5-5 method. It is not quicker than my traditional recipe, however, the ease at which the egg comes out of the shell is amazing.
I’m not even exaggerating, LOL. Not only are they easier to peel than the traditional method, but I swear they taste better too!
You can watch my video below to see how easy they are to make!
Just eggs and water.
Whether you use fresh or older eggs doesn’t matter when using the Instant Pot.
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs
STEP 1. Use a trivet in the bottom of the pressure cooker.
Add water to the instapot and place your eggs on top of the trivet (it’s okay if they are touching).
STEP 2. Pressure cook.
Close the lid, set the valve to “SEALING” and select “HIGH PRESSURE” for a cook time of 5 minutes.
Once the timer goes off, allow pressure to Naturally Release for 5 minutes, then do a quick release of the pressure valve.
STEP 3. Ice bath.
Fill a big bowl with ice and water. After releasing the pressure on the instant pot, remove the eggs with tongs and place them in the ice bath for 5 minutes.
You can now peel and use, or refrigerate for ONE WEEK unpeeled.
Use my hashtag #shugarysweetsFollow Shugary Sweets on Instagram
Favorite ways to enjoy hard boiled eggs
- Deviled eggs. Now that I have an easy way of making hard boiled eggs that look GOOD outside of their shell, I’ll be sharing my family’s favorite deviled eggs recipe soon!
- Caesar Salad and Dressing. Did you know you can make Caesar dressing from hard boiled eggs? Yep, it’s true!
- As I try to eat more protein and count my macros, I incorporate simple hard boiled eggs for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. I also slice them up and put them on salads and sandwiches too!
- Let’s not forget egg salad. My absolute favorite sandwich from childhood!
- Add hard boiled eggs to Macaroni Salad. It’s the perfect potluck recipe!
Tender roasted, French Dip Sandwiches cooked in the Instant Pot. Piled on a crusty french roll with extra cheese, this flavorful dinner is then dipped in au jus!
MORE Instant Pot Recipes
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Pork Chops
- Mongolian Chicken
- Starbucks Egg Bites recipe
- Chicken and Dumplings
- Sweet Potatoes