Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Pasta Shells | Freezer Friendly Weeknight Meal
You’ll love these easy, freezer friendly Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells. The perfect weeknight dinner recipe with chicken, cheese, broccoli and alfredo sauce all stuffed in a pasta shell!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
I’m going to teach you how to make an easy weeknight meal in a few easy steps. Including a freezer friendly version for these Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells!
But first, can we talk grammar?
There are probably many instances on this blog where I have written NUMEROUS grammatical errors. Perhaps I’ve already done so in this post. Many of you take the time to let me know, which is no biggie to me. I usually don’t fix them, but if you want to send me emails and comments that’s up to you. Unless it is in my recipe card below, I tend to let it slide. Sorry.
But my 13 year old daughter takes it one step further. You see, in her Language Arts class her teacher wants them to provide examples of grammatical errors. In return, they get a piece of candy. They can show up to 5 examples a day.
You know where this is going right?
Oh yes, my darling daughter brings my blog posts as an example to her teacher of WHAT NOT TO DO. I mean, seriously? “Hey teacher, I have an example of a grammatical error. My mom, she writes a blog for a living for millions of readers every month, and let me show you how bad she writes.”
LOL. Whatever kid. I will continue to say anyways instead of anyway. 🙂
Now, how about these pasta shells? These easy, delicious, make ahead Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells!!
I do have a couple of quick tips for making this easy, freezer friendly Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells recipe:
- Make shredded chicken ahead of time. Put some frozen chicken breasts or thighs in your crockpot for 6-8 hours on low with a little salt and pepper (no liquid). Take your hand held mixer and “shred” your chicken in SECONDS. (It’s seriously that easy).
- Use a 2 Tbsp metal cookie scoop to portion out your filling into the shells. This is such an easy way to evenly fill each pasta shell!
- Once all your shells are filled, place them on a cookie sheet and freeze them for 15-30 minutes. At this point you can place them into gallon sized ziploc bags that are labeled with directions for future dinners. Unless of course your family can consume 40 stuffed shells in one sitting! We eat about 2-3 shells per person as they are very rich and filling with the alfredo sauce!
- Serve this with garlic bread and a leafy green salad for a complete meal. This makes a great dinner to bring to a new mom too! Package up a ziploc with shells, bring her a jar of sauce and some frozen garlic bread. She can assemble and bake as directed when she needs a quick meal!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Pasta Shells
Yield: 40 shells
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:45 minutes
- 1 box (12 oz) jumbo pasta shells, cooked (about 40 shells)
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, diced
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 jars alfredo sauce
- Cook pasta shells according to package to al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked, shredded chicken with broccoli, cream cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Using a 2 Tbsp cookie scoop, fill each pasta shell with a scoop of chicken mixture.
- In a large baking dish, pour one jar of alfredo sauce in the bottom of the dish. Add a single layer of pasta shells. Drizzle remaining jar of alfredo sauce over the top and sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil and return to oven for an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted on top!
- For freezer friendly option, complete steps 1-3. Once all the shells are stuffed, place them on a cookie sheet and freeze for 15-30 minutes. Remove from freezer and place in gallon sized ziploc bags and return to freezer until ready to make. Continue with step 4 when ready to make and bake for one hour with foil on top. Remove foil and return to oven for additional 5-10 minutes to melt cheese.
- You can scale this down by only cooking the number of shells you need for each meal. 10 shells need 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 jar alfredo sauce. ENJOY
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**