Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal or a dish to share at a potluck, this Chicken Pesto Pasta is your delicious answer! Packed with flavor from the homemade walnut pesto, you’ll love how tasty this easy dish is to eat!
I’m so torn this time of year. Do I want comfort food or do I want to keep using the grill? Either way, I need dinners that can be made fairly quickly, as our weeknights are hectic!
Today’s Chicken Pesto Pasta is super easy and versatile. It starts with a homemade pesto.
Not just any pesto though, today’s recipe uses WALNUTS.
Oh my gosh, I always thought pesto had to be made with pine nuts. I was wrong. The walnuts add a delicious nutty flavor to the basil and garlic!
In my ongoing partnership, I use FISHER NUTS brand walnuts, as they are preservative free. They also have the best flavor, in my opinion!
Once you have your pesto made, you’ll add it to some cooked pasta.
Pesto Pasta is a match made in heaven! However I took it a step further.
I use angel hair pasta for this recipe, as it doesn’t overwhelm the dish, however any noodle would work. Toss in some tomatoes, parmesan cheese and extra walnuts and you’ve got a delicious dish.
Make it a meal by adding in grilled chicken!
- Swap out the angel hair pasta for bowtie noodles
- Dice up the tomatoes and cooked chicken
- Mix everything together and refrigerate until ready to serve
- DELICIOUS cold or hot
- Serve with a copycat Olive Garden salad and some homemade garlic bread.
More Fisher Nuts Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies: delicious, melt in your mouth shortbread cookies!
- Almond Pesto Salmon: easy pesto on top of fresh salmon. DELICIOUS!!
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars: one of the most popular recipes on the blog every fall, so tasty and perfect for holidays!
**This is a sponsored post on behalf of Fisher Nuts. I was compensated for my time, however all opinions expressed are 100% my own!