This quick and easy Basil Pesto is so delicious, you’ll need to make a second batch! Perfect for adding to pasta, fish, baked tomatoes and sandwiches, it’s kicks up the flavor of your favorite foods!
Any gardeners out there?
My garden is going insane this year!! I hope you guys are ready for an influx of zucchini recipes! I’ve already got some made and photographed, and they’ll be up on the blog here soon!
But today, let’s talk about basil.
Some years my basil plants are small and wispy…and some years they grow into a bush!
This year…I’ve got basil bushes growing in my garden, haha!
And while we use a lot of it to make our favorite bruschetta recipe…I’m also going to share our go-to BASIL PESTO recipe today!
Some of you may be thinking, hmmmm, I love pesto, but what can I use it on?
- Pesto Pasta: Mix the pesto into some warm pasta noodles. Side dish completed, it’s that easy. Add some chicken to make it a meal.
- Salmon: Top your salmon with pesto and almonds. OMG yum!
- Shrimp: on the grill and delicious!
- Pizza: make a grilled pizza with pesto, tomatoes and cheese!
- Pesto Pork Tenderloin– easy topping for your pork!
I even made you a quick video to show just how easy it is to make Basil Pesto!
If you have too much, put it in ice cube trays in the freezer.
Then when making spaghetti, toss a few cubes into your sauce for extra flavor! ENJOY!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
- BBQ Jackfruit Recipe
- Lasagna Soup
- Garlic Bread – spoon some leftover pesto on before baking!
- Chimichurri Sauce
This quick and easy Basil Pesto is so delicious, you'll need to make a second batch! Perfect for adding to pasta, fish, baked tomatoes and sandwiches, it's kicks up the flavor of your favorite foods!
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a food processor, combine basil, pine nuts, garlic, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Blend until fine.
- Slowly add in the olive oil and blend until desired consistency, adding more or less oil as needed. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days. ENJOY.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.