Fish Tacos with Avocado Sauce
6 fresh cod fillets (about 4-6 oz each)- tilapia would be great too, the cod was on sale
- 8 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 limes, zested and juiced (divided)
- ½yellow onion, medium, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 16 oz bag frozen corn
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ head of iceburg lettuce
- ½ cup cilantro (divided)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp plain greek yogurt
- salt and pepper
- 3 drops tabasco sauce
- 15 6-inch flour tortillas (warmed, in microwave)
- In ziploc bag, mix 4 Tbsp olive oil with chili powder, juice of one lime, a pinch of salt and the fish. Let marinate while you heat the skillet and start cooking!
- Heat skillet (12 inch) with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Add onion, garlic and jalapeno. Saute and cook about 3 minutes. Add chicken stock and frozen corn, continue to cook on medium for another 5 minutes.
- While corn mixture is cooking, shred lettuce and place in large bowl with ¼ cup of cilantro, snipped. Pour heated corn mixture over lettuce, and allow to wilt while cooking fish.
- Using same skillet, add 2 Tbsp olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Add fish to skillet and cook on each side about 5 minutes, until cooked thoroughly. Flake fish into large chunks and add to corn and lettuce mixture. Add diced tomatoes on top.
- While fish was cooking, mix up avocado sauce. Cut and pit both avocados, placing flesh into a bowl, Add zest of 2 limes and the juice of one lime. Mash avocado until near creamy, mix in yogurt, red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper. Add tabasco sauce. You can add more of that if you like a little kick.
- To serve, place large scoop of fish mixture onto warmed tortilla. Top with avocado sauce and garnished with remaining cilantro. Enjoy! I like to pair this with my Cilantro Rice (you can even put that on the tortilla too).
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**