Grab a few ears of sweet corn and dust off the grill! This Roasted Corn Salad is the ultimate warm weather side dish. Homemade honey lime vinaigrette adds a touch of sweetness to the veggies that makes this salad irresistible.
Why this Recipe Works
This grilled corn salad recipe was originally given to me by a neighbor. We tried it for dinner one night…and made it three more times that same week.
It’s THAT delicious!
- Roasted Corn Salad is made with FRESH corn straight off the cob for mouthwatering flavor.
- The grilled corn is tossed with cherry tomatoes and avocado for the perfect blend of tangy, sweet and creamy.
- A hint of lime gives the whole salad a zesty kick!
- Easy to make, whether you grill the corn out on the patio or roast it in the oven.
- Everyone can enjoy this gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian side dish!
Sweet corn. Use whole earns of fresh sweet corn for this recipe. Buy it when it’s in season for best results.
Honey. Agave nectar can be substituted to make a vegan version!
How to Roast Corn
On a grill :
- Turn on grill to high heat. Place husked ears of corn on the hot grill. Cook while turning regularly to cover every side with grill marks.
- On our grill, the corn takes 4 to 5 minutes to cook on every side.
In the oven:
- Place corn on the cob on the center rack of a preheated oven. Cook at 350 F for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the corn rest for just a couple of minutes, until it’s cool enough to handle.
In the Instant Pot:
- Use our instant pot corn on the cob recipe to cook your corn in minutes.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to remove all of the husk and corn silk before roasting. I used kitchen scissors to make sure there were no stray stringy bits in my salad.
- After assembly, roasted corn salad is best served right away.
- For a make ahead option, toss a few ears of corn on the grill whenever you have it fired up. Then, cut it off the cob and store in the fridge for making roasted corn salad later!
If you’re assembling the salad ahead of time, I recommend waiting to add the dressing until just before serving.
Store the veggies in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Whisk up the dressing in a mason jar and keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to toss it with your salad.
You can use frozen roasted corn but the flavor will not be as good. It really is at its best when you use fresh corn on the cob.
Yes, a cast iron grill pan will work for roasting this corn too!
For this roasted corn salad, I prefer the flavor of corn roasted without the husk. It creates corn kernels that are sweeter and more caramelized. Extra tasty with that honey lime dressing!
What to serve with Corn Salad
More Side Dishes
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad: easy to make, and a definite crowd pleaser!
- Strawberry Pecan Salad with grilled chicken. We call this a healthy meal at our house! Take the chicken out and it’s just a delicious side salad!
- Copycat Panera Mac and Cheese: one of my favorite, easy recipes to serve with any dinner. Made on the stovetop!
Drop everything and make this Roasted Corn Salad before harvest season ends. Believe us: this is the BEST way to enjoy all of that fresh summer sweet corn!