Loaded Potato Salad
This Loaded Potato Salad is sure to be a crowd pleaser. I can tell you it definitely was a hit with my family!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
This has been a crazy week at the Shugary house. With out of town guests, picnics and potlucks, we needed something delicious to bring and share!
This Loaded Potato Salad was the perfect solution. Three years ago I shared my Grandma’s Potato Salad, and it became a huge hit. It’s a classic recipe for a simple yet delicious potato salad.
But over the years, making a “loaded” version has been on my mind. By “loaded” I of course mean with bacon and cheese! Much like this Loaded Mashed Potato dish.
I mean, really, you can’t go wrong with potatoes, bacon, cheese and onion!
How to make the best Loaded Potato Salad:
- My grandma always cut her potatoes really tiny for her potato salad.
- She also only used Hellman’s Real Mayonnaise. Trust me, it makes a difference.
- I took the egg and the green peppers out (after all, who needs those healthy ingredients, right?) and instead added in some bacon bits (the real stuff) and some shredded Colby Jack cheese.
- Add some green onions for a little color and flavor too!
Do you have a family favorite recipe? One that maybe you bring to every family gathering and it gets rave reviews? I’m always on the hunt for some delicious tried and true recipes. If you think YOU have one that I should feature on the blog, I’d love for you to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You never know, it might just make an appearance (with credit to you of course)!!!
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Here are a few of our family favorite “side dishes”….
Best Mac and Cheese. Ever. Kids and family will RAVE over this delicious dish!
Cherry Dump Salad: totally my kind of “salad” recipe! Sweet and perfect for any meal.
Sweet Potato Fries: crispy seasoned fries with a sweet Cinnamon dipping sauce. OMG yum!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Loaded Potato Salad recipe:
- 3 lb red potatoes
- 30oz jar Hellman's Real Mayonnaise
- 1lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Boil potatoes in a large pot, covered, until fork tender. Remove immediately and the skin should pinch right off. Cool ten minutes, then dice the potatoes small (this keeps them from being mashed).
- In a large bowl combine diced potatoes, mayonnaise, bacon, cheese, onion, salt and pepper.
- Mix until blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Today’s recipe for Loaded Potato Salad was originally published on Shugary Sweets on July 22, 2014 and has been republished in July 2018.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**