Lemon Crinkle Cookies
Imagine if a snickerdoodle cookie combined with a lemon. That’s what these soft and chewy Lemon Crinkle Cookies taste like! The perfect flavor combination!
Lemon Crinkle Cookies:
Click HERE to pin it for later!
I was just looking at my cookie archive and noticed I only share ONE new cookie recipe in 2017. These Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Cups were the only recipe I shared last year! I figured that had to change this year, so look at me now. This is my second cookie recipe of the year, you may remember these Gingerdoodle cookies I shared last month? Soft and chewy molasses cookies rolled in cinnamon sugar. The perfect combination of a snickerdoodle and ginger snap!
Well, I took that basic cookie recipe and lemon-ized it. <——I also created a new verb!
But seriously, let’s talk about these lemon crinkle cookies! Using the dough recipe for Gingerdoodles, I wanted to keep that same soft and chewy texture (without the molasses flavor, obviously). I swapped out the molasses for light corn syrup, and added in some lemon zest! Lots of lemon zest. I also took out the cinnamon and just rolled these cookies and granulated sugar. For an added treat, drizzle a little melted white chocolate over the top!
The result? Perfect chewy Lemon Crinkle Cookies. I think you’re going to love these cookies, and they freeze well too! These Orange, Lemon, and Lime Citrus Cookies are very similar, and rolled in sugar and citrus zest. Oh my word, I think I could survive on fruity cookies 🙂
Favorite Cookie Recipes:
While we’re talking about cookies, how about I share some of my favorite cookie recipes? Let’s start with these Twix Cookies. I mean, if you love the candy bar, these cookies are the next best thing! I usually only make them during the holidays though, as they’re hard to resist! My next favorite cookie would be these White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies. Chewy and soft, I love the flavor combination in this recipe! Remember those Iced Oatmeal Cookies you could buy in the store? Well my recipe is even better, haha! But seriously, they’re pretty darn amazing. I certainly can’t make a list of favorite cookies without including Chelsea’s Snickerdoodle cookies. They really are one of the best I’ve tried! Also, these Peanut Butter Chocolate Crinkle Cookies from Ashley are quite delicious too. Who doesn’t love a peanut butter cookie, with chocolate, dunked in sugar???
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Lemon Crinkle Cookies recipe:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon zest (about 2-3 lemons)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (for rolling the cookies)
- 1 cup white chocolate melting wafers (for drizzling over the cookies), optional
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat together until fluffy. Add in the egg and beat until smooth. Add in the corn syrup and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. Stir in the lemon zest.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (or about 2 Tablespoons), roll the cookie dough into a ball. Place the granulated sugar into a bowl. Roll the dough into the sugar. Place on the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes until the edges are firm. Allow to cool on the pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions. Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the cooled cookie and return to parchment paper. Allow to set. ENJOY. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week, or freeze until desired.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**