Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta is your answer to “what’s for dinner” tonight! I prep this in the morning and pop it in the oven at dinnertime. ENJOY.
Love this recipe? Sign up for Shugary Sweets email subscription and never miss out again!
The dreaded question. “What’s for dinner.” Sometimes it’s like fingernails on a chalkboard.
I am either super prepared…or not. I either have a menu plan for a month…or nothing in the fridge. Hot or cold. It’s how it works around here.
You would think as a food blogger that my menu is completely filled and organized for the month…or at least the week.
Ideally, you would be right (for the week anyways..never the month). If I don’t have a menu planned, then dinners end up being scrambled eggs or grilled cheese. Which is fine every once in awhile…but to eat it every day kind stinks, haha.
Using my slow cooker has helped extremely. I have realized that I am the type of person that needs dinner prepped and ready by 10 am. Otherwise the chaos of the day…the crazy after school hour…and the “what’s for dinner” questions throw me off my game. By having my dinner prepped and ready, I can tackle my day. KNOWING that all I have to do is toss it in the oven. Especially today’s recipe.
A few years ago when my blog was just a baby, I made this Italian Chicken. Stunning photos right? Oh my. Anyways, I set out a few weeks ago to remake that dinner. And retake some photos for the blog. That was my intention. But after reading the original recipe, I decided that I wanted to make casserole instead…something a little easier. Something that I can prep in the morning and toss in oven for dinner. Something more like this Chicken Tetrazzini.
Well, friends, it obviously turned out delicious, because here it is just for you! This is also a great dish to bring to a family in need, a new mom, etc! ENJOY!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign Up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Easy pasta dinner recipe: Italian Chicken Casserole
- 1 lb cooked and cubed chicken breasts (or use a rotisserie)
- 1 box (16oz) linguine noodles
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 5oz pkg fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and sun dried tomatoes. Cook for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cornstarch, mix thoroughly.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream and milk, whisking quickly. Add salt and pepper. Heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and parmesan cheese. Remove from heat. Pour sauce over cooked noodles. Add cooked chicken and pour into a large casserole dish (13x9 size). Top with mozzarella cheese. You can bake immediately, or cover with foil and place in refrigerator until dinner.
- If baking immediately, bake covered with foil for 350 degree for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes until cheese is browned.
- If baking after the dish has been refrigerated, bake covered with foil in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes. ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 509Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 903mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 30g
If you love pasta…I’ve got a few more dinner ideas for you!
Cajun Chicken Pasta: this is one of my husband’s favorite meals! Spicy, easy, DELISH.
Enchilada Mac and Cheese: delicious, creamy, and totally easy. Made on the stove top in minutes!
Beef Enchilada Roll Ups: it’s like lasagna…but not!
Here are some delicious PASTA recipes from my friends:
- Garlic Noodles from Rasa Malaysia
- Chicken Pot Pie Pasta from Chocolate Moosey
- Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine from Recipe Girl