Enchilada Beef Roll-Ups are a fun and easy twist on enchiladas. Tender noodles encase ground beef, enchilada sauce, and three kinds of cheese. It’s a satisfying dinner your family will love!
When pasta meets Mexican it usually results in something delicious. Like our enchilada mac and cheese! Creamy cheesy pasta with a tex mex flair. Our stuffed taco shells are perfect for making dinner in advance!
Why You’ll Love Them
These Enchilada Beef Roll-Ups are a great recipe to prepare the day before. Then you’ll only need to top them with cheese and pop them in the oven when you’re ready.
- This simple dish can be in and out of the oven in about 1 hour.
- Three different kinds of cheese make this recipe rich, creamy, and filling.
- Pre-made enchilada sauce saves you time. These roll-ups are a breeze to assemble and bake!
If you’re looking for bold Mexican-inspired flavor, these Enchilada Roll-Ups deliver! Try our zucchini roll-ups next for a low carb dinner.
- Lasagna noodles – These are what you’ll use to roll up the filling. Cook the noodles until they’re a bit softer than al dente. They’ll need to be flexible enough for rolling.
- Ground beef – Ground beef is the essential protein-packed filling for these roll-ups. You can also use ground turkey if you prefer.
- Red enchilada sauce – Canned enchilada sauce makes this recipe super quick and easy. If you prefer green enchilada sauce, feel free to use that instead.
- Cumin – Gives an earthy, slightly smoky flavor to the meat filling and the cream cheese mixture.
- Mozzarella cheese – Mozzarella adds a delectable creaminess to the ground beef filling.
- Cream cheese – Perfect for spreading, cream cheese makes these roll-ups extra creamy on the inside.
- Colby jack cheese – A generous layer of this zingy cheese tops off the Enchilada Roll-Ups. Be sure to divide it and save 1 cup to put on during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Cook the lasagna noodles so they’re ready to roll!
- Make the meat filling. Brown the beef, add the seasonings and sauce.
- Make the cheese filling. Combine cream cheese with cumin. Spread on lasagna noodles.
- Roll em up! Spread the ground beef mixture over the top of cheese covered noodles. Roll up cheesy beef noodles and place in pan.
Tips & Tricks
- Not sure what toppings to use? Try avocado, guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, tomato, shredded lettuce, lime juice, or scallions.
- When rolling, roll the noodles starting from the short end.
- If you don’t have colby jack cheese, no worries! This dish is also delicious with shredded cheddar or shredded mozzarella on top.
These Enchilada Roll-Ups are great with Mexican-style salsas like my Avocado Salsa and Corn and Black Bean Salsa. For a salad that tastes like elotes, my Mexican Street Corn Salad will round out the meal with a ton of flavor.
Looking for more enchilada-inspired recipes? My 30-minute Chicken Avocado Enchiladas will make a tasty meal in a rush. And my slow-cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup brings all the comforting flavor and none of the fuss!
This recipe makes a great freezer meal. Store the fully cooked roll-ups in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Absolutely! Prepare them in the baking dish the day before, then cover them with plastic wrap to store overnight. Wait until you’re ready to bake them to top with the cheese. And don’t forget to save 1 cup of Colby jack for the last 5 minutes of baking.
Since the baking pan is lined with enchilada sauce, there’s no need to grease your baking pan.
Store these in the refrigerator in an airtight container. They’ll be good for 3 days. Warm them up in the microwave or cover them with foil in the oven.
More Enchilada Recipes
- If you’re looking for a 30-minute meal idea, these Chicken Avocado Enchiladas are the answer! Packed with flavor and loved by all!
- One of our favorite enchilada recipes is a soup made in the crockpot. This Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup is a family favorite, and easily doubles to feed a big crowd. I also freeze leftovers for lunches and dinners!
- This easy, stove top Chicken Enchilada Mac and Cheese is ready in 30 minutes and packed with flavor! The perfect weeknight dinner recipe!
- Getting three servings of Dairy each day is a goal for my family. Easy Stovetop Enchilada Mac and Cheese helps meet this goal! Dinner in 30 minutes!
- One of our favorite dinners, Taco Pizza! I love this easy meal, and it’s better than any pizza joint!