Enchilada Beef Rollups
Enchilada Beef Roll Ups are a delicious meal idea. Packed with beef, enchilada sauce, and cheese, your family will love this tasty dinner!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
I seriously could eat Mexican food every single night. My husband loves it too, as do two of my kids.
However, two of my children LOVE pasta. I would say they are part Italian, but they’re not.
This dinner made everyone happy! The pasta lovers enjoyed the noodles, and the Mexican lovers enjoyed the spicy sauce! Don’t you love when a single meal can please everyone?
This recipe takes a little extra work because you have to boil your lasagna noodles first. But, you can make this dish in the morning and cook it at dinner time. You can also make it the night before…I get how busy you all are!!
Now, if only my family could agree on their favorite cookie…
How to make Beef Enchilada Roll Ups
First start by cooking your lasagna noodles according to the package directions. Once cooked, lay them flat on large sheets of parchment paper! Let cool while you prepare the filling.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef until fully cooked. Drain and return to skillet. Add enchilada sauce, cuming, and mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine softened cream cheese with cumin. Set aside.
Pour half a can of red enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish.
Using a small offset spatula, spread cream cheese mixture over lasagna noodles, using all the cheese until they are evenly coated.
Top noodles with ground beef mixture. Roll up each lasagna noodle (don’t worry if some falls out) and place seam side down in prepared baking dish.
Repeat until all 15 noodles are in the dish. Spoon leftover meat that feel out onto the noodles. Top with remaining half can of enchilada sauce and extra cheese.
Cover with foil, bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and top with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 more minutes until cheese is melted.
Can Enchilada Roll Ups be frozen?
Yes! Today’s recipe makes a great freezer meal. 15 roll ups might be a lot for your family. Often times I double the recipe so that I’m working once and I can get three dinners out of this when doubled!
Once you have all the rollups prepped, place them in an airtight container.
More Enchilada Recipes
If you’re looking for a 30-minute meal idea, these Chicken Avocado Enchiladas are the answer! Packed with flavor and loved by all!
One of our favorite enchilada recipes is a soup made in the crockpot. This Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup is a family favorite, and easily doubles to feed a big crowd. I also freeze leftovers for lunches and dinners!
This easy, stove top Chicken Enchilada Mac and Cheese is ready in 30 minutes and packed with flavor! The perfect weeknight dinner recipe!
Getting three servings of Dairy each day is a goal for my family. Easy Stovetop Enchilada Mac and Cheese helps meet this goal! Dinner in 30 minutes!
One of our favorite dinners, Taco Pizza! I love this easy meal, and it’s better than any pizza joint!
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
- 15 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 2 can (10oz) red enchilada sauce, divided
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cumin, divided
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- Prepare lasagna noodles according to package directions. Lay on large sheets of parchment paper.
- Brown beef in large skillet until fully cooked. Drain. Add 1 can enchilada sauce, 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin and mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix softened cream cheese with 1 tsp ground cumin until combined, set aside.
- Pour 1/2 can of enchilada sauce in bottom of 13x9 baking dish. Using a small spatula, spread cream cheese mixture over lasagna noodles, using all the cheese until evenly coated. Top with ground beef mixture. Roll up each noodle (don't worry if some falls out) and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat until all 15 noodles are in dish. Spoon leftover meat (that fell out onto the parchment paper) onto the noodles. Top with remaining 1/2 can of enchilada sauce. Finish with 1 cup of colby jack cheese. Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and top with remaining cheese. Heat until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- To garnish, add avocado, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, cilantro, etc! Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 741 Total Fat: 43g Saturated Fat: 21g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 169mg Sodium: 532mg Carbohydrates: 36g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 49g
Recipe originally published April 25, 2013
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**