This Easy Taco Pizza recipe is the perfect weeknight meal or game day food! Serve it up assembled or let your guests choose their toppings. It’s always a hit.
Why this Recipe Works
Friday night pizza is a real thing at our house, and to keep things from getting boring, we love making this Taco Pizza recipe!
It’s also the perfect Taco Tuesday or Cinco de Mayo dinner idea (in case tacos ever get boring??).
What I love about this pizza, is that it’s incredibly easy to make. With a few shortcuts, you can have this on your dinner table in no time at all!
And, like regular pizza, you can customize this Taco Pizza with all your favorite toppings, adding more or less of what you and your family LOVE.
Love today’s dinner? Be sure to try our easy Dorito Salad recipe next!
How to Make Taco Pizza
STEP 1: Pizza Dough
Whether you make your own pizza dough, or use store bought, you’ll want one large enough to fit a 10×15-inch baking stone/pan.
Par-bake the dough in a 425 degree oven for about 10 minutes. It will NOT be completely cooked yet.
STEP 2: Cook Meat
While the pizza crust is baking, brown your beef for the taco meat. Drain and add taco seasoning with water. Let simmer for another 5 minutes.
STEP 3: Assemble Taco Pizza
Using a slotted spoon (so you don’t get extra liquid) scoop taco meat and spread it over the dough evenly.
Add one can of chopped green chilies and about 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (or taco blend).
STEP 4: Bake Pizza
Return the pizza to the oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
I prefer our crust a little on the well done side, and chose to go 15-20 minutes, but depending on the type of dough you use, it may bake quicker or slower….just keep your eye on it.
STEP 5: Add Toppings
This is where you can either add all the toppings to the pizza at once…or make a buffet and let your family and friends top their pizza themselves.
Typically we add lettuce, tomato, and extra cheese. Here’s a few other favorite toppings for taco pizza.
- Salsa verde
- Sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- Pico de gallo
- Black Olives
- Crushed Taco Doritos or Fritos
- Refried Beans
More Mexican Dishes
- Taco Tortilla Stacks
- Layered Taco Dip Recipe
- Kalua Pizza
- Carne Asada
- Slow Cooker Pizza Soup
- Pizza Hand Pies
- Instant Pot Taco Soup
- Prepared pizza crust enough for 15×10 baking sheet
- corn meal for sprinkling on cookie sheet
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 pkg taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup water
- 1 can 4oz chopped green chilies
- 3 cup shredded colby jack cheese divided
- Prepare pizza dough according to package (enough for a 10×15 baking sheet).
- Press dough into a large cookie sheet, 15×10-inch (sprinkled with corn meal), with sides, with extra dough on the edges.
- When pizza pan is prepped with dough, poke fork in dough all over.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes. (dough will not be completely cooked yet).
- While dough is baking, brown beef completely then drain. Add taco seasoning and water and let simmer 5-10 minutes. Drain again.Top dough with drained ground beef, chopped green chilies and 2 cups of the shredded cheese.
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes (until crust is golden brown). Remove from oven, cut into squares before adding toppings.
- Then top with lettuce, tomato, and remaining cheese. Serve with any additional toppings your family may want. Enjoy!
- SERVE AND STORE: Taco pizza is best eaten the same day. However, if you have leftovers, they can be safely stored in the refrigerator for 3 days. For best results, reheat in a toaster oven, or regular oven until warm.
This Easy Taco Pizza is the perfect weeknight meal or game day food! Serve it up assembled or let your guests choose their toppings. It’s always a hit.