Taco Tortilla Stacks
These Taco Tortilla Stacks have been made in our family for years! They are so easy to assemble ahead of time, and serve as a quick snack for a crowd. We enjoy ours served with salsa!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
A few weeks ago I was thumbing through an old recipe book that had a bunch of handwritten family recipes. And by “family recipes” I don’t mean original, creative recipes that my family created.
I’m talking “family recipes” as in ones that my family has enjoyed through the years. Recipes that may have come from the back of cereal boxes, soup cans or old church cookbooks.
Today’s recipe is one that I know we’ve been enjoying for about 20 years. I’m pretty sure my mom first introduced me to this recipe, because I remember her serving it in a cute ceramic sombrero, with the tortilla stacks around the rim and the salsa was in the center.
These tortilla stacks used to be what I brought to every potluck, birthday party or bbq. No joke. It was a standard appetizer if you came to my house.
Through the years as I began making more recipes, I forgot about these!
Until the day I was unpacking some cookbooks and found myself sitting on our office floor looking through the family book.
Conveniently enough, we were having company that weekend and I knew I wanted to make these. I know how good they are, and I was suddenly craving them! Plus, it’s a recipe I haven’t shared here on the blog….and I was pretty sure some of you may enjoy these quick and easy snacks!
These Taco Tortilla Stacks are easy to make. In a big bowl, you combine your cream cheese with sour cream along with a package or taco mix. I used 3Tbsp of homemade taco seasoning instead, but use what you have! You then add the black olives and green chilies. That’s it.
Spread on a 6inch flour tortilla, repeat until you have 4 tortillas with the mixture on them, and top with a 5th tortilla. Wrap the whole stack in foil, and repeat (makes 3 tortilla stacks). Refrigerate your stacks until you are ready to serve (at least one hour). When ready, cut each stack into 8 triangles (for a total of 24 triangles). Serve with a dish of your favorite salsa and enjoy! These go fast, you may need to double the recipe!!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 15 flour tortillas, 6 inch size
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 envelope taco mix (or 3 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning)
- 1 can (2.25oz) chopped black olives, drained
- 1 can (4oz) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup salsa, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese with sour cream and taco seasoning until fully blended. Add in black olives and green chilies. Mix until combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto one tortilla in a thin layer. Top with a tortilla and repeat 3 times (until you have 4 tortillas with spread stacked up). Top with a 5th tortilla.
- Wrap entire stack in foil and refrigerate at least one hour. Repeat for remaining 2 stacks.
- When ready to serve, cut tortilla stack into 8 triangles. Serve with a bowl of your favorite salsa. ENJOY!
Taco flavored snacks are always a big hit. Here are a few of my favorites…..
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**