Looking for a snack that makes the whole family smile? This Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies recipe is just what you need. Sweet cinnamon muddy buddies with a little extra help from Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal!
So many muddy buddy flavors, so little time. Have you tried this Thin Mint inspired version? These Hot Cocoa Muddy Buddies are amazing too.
This variation on classic Muddy Buddies (aka Puppy Chow) is for all of you cinnamon fans out there.
Why These Muddy Buddies are Best
- These muddy buddies taste like handfuls of mini snickerdoodle cookies!
- Adding cinnamon toast crunch to the cereal base is a brilliant twist!
- Powdered cinnamon sugar coating gives the muddy buddies the perfect flavor and sweetness.
- A 5 minute recipe made with just 5 ingredients.
It doesn’t get any easier, or tastier, than today’s recipe. If you love Snickerdoodles, you’re going to gobble up this snack mix faster than you can say “muddy buddies!”
Here’s everything you need to make Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies.
- Rice Chex cereal – This is the base for all of our puppy chow and muddy buddies recipe.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch – Adding a cup of these cinnamon-infused squares adds delicious variety of taste and texture to the mix.
- White chocolate melting wafers – I used Ghirardelli. Vanilla candiquik or almond bark would work too.
- Powdered sugar – For coating the muddy buddies.
- Cinnamon – It’ added to both the powdered sugar and melted white chocolate for extra cinnamon flavor in every bite.
Tips and Tricks
- Add the cinnamon toast crunch LAST. I like these muddy buddies best when the cinnamon cereal is left uncoated. It breaks up the sweetness a little bit and lets the cinnamon flavor shine.
- Mix gently when coating the chex in melted white chocolate. Try to avoid breaking or crushing the cereal, while still ensuring each square gets coated.
- Break up any lumps of powdered sugar before adding the cereal. I give the bag of powdered sugar a good shake first and it does the trick.
- Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies are a great gift idea! I like to put them in mason jars or cellophane bags tied with a ribbon and give them away during the holidays.
You can use other cinnamon flavored cereals instead. Life, Puffins and cinnamon Rice Chex would all be good.
You can also just leave it out if you don’t have any. The muddy buddies with cinnamon sugar will still be delicious.
Store these homemade cinnamon muddy buddies in an airtight container at room temperature. Bags with a zip top are perfect for keeping the snack mix fresh for up to a week.
You can use chocolate chips, the texture just won’t be as smooth once the chocolate sets. For best results, use white chocolate designed for melting like the Ghirardelli wafers or almond bark.
More Snickerdoodle Recipes
What is a Snickerdoodle?
A Snickerdoodle Cookie is a type of classic buttery cookie rolled in cinnamon sugar before baking! It’s quite delicious.
- One bite of these Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars and you’ll fall in love! The sweet and salty graham cracker pecan crust with the creamy cheesecake layer is all topped to perfection with the snickerdoodle pecan cookie topping!
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Truffles: I’ve turned your classic childhood cookie into a no-egg truffle with a cinnamon coating!
- Perfect with a cup of coffee, this Snickerdoodle Biscotti recipe is flavorful. It’s also a great option to ship in a care package as they hold up very well.
- Take your classic banana bread recipe to the next level! This Snickerdoodle Banana Bread recipe has a crunchy top coating of cinnamon and sugar, a real crowd pleaser!
Fantastic! Just made these for the first time and so happy. It is really an amazing treat. Thanks for sharing this.
These are heavenly! I could eat the whole bowl!
I could seriously use a nice handful now to snack on.
This is so dangerously addicting! I have to keep it in little single portion bags for me to grab otherwise I will eat it all in one sitting, haha!
My kids literally beg me to make this! We looooove it!
Oh my gosh I would eat that entire bowl in 1 sitting no problem!
I just made puppy chow this week! Great minds think alike ;). But mine wasn’t this flavor – this is awesome! I secretly LOVE Cinnamon Toast Crunch…hands down my favorite cereal. Must make this version asap!
Haha I grew up with two older brothers and am a total cereal hoarder too! Cinnamon Toast Crunch was always one of my favorites and still is so I love this recipe! Pinning and can’t wait to try it 🙂
I’m a cereal hoarder too. I’m always amazed at how all the groceries I buy at the store get eaten. I’m also a muddy buddies addict. Love this version!
Thank you Laura!!
I used to be terrible with hoarding cheez its. My mom would buy the smaller, normal sized boxes and poof! They’d be gone in minutes. I imagine this amazingly cinnamony treat disappears just as quickly! I can never get enough cinnamon in my life. 😀
haha, my oldest daughter has hid Cheez Its. And Oreos. Great choices 🙂
I love the idea of doing a non-chocolate muddy buddy recipe. Can’t wait to try this out!