Pepperoni Pizza Dip – Made in the microwave in just minutes, this easy game day staple is sure to please!
It’s common knowledge to everyone in my life, that I can’t be trusted around dips. When I arrive at a party, one of the first things I do is make a beeline for the dip table. Especially if there are cheesy dips in sight.
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
What I haven’t been as honest about is that my obsession with warm dips isn’t just reserved for parties and potlucks. It’s time to be completely honest with you guys: Sometimes, I’m guilty of making dip for dinner.
This Pepperoni Pizza Dip was created when a craving for pizza collided with a lack of time (or energy to make, roll and bake some dough).
As far as dips go, this pizza dip makes for a completely satisfying dinner. Think about it: Cheese, pepperoni, bread, pizza sauce. It seriously covers all the basic food groups, right?
Faster than ordering a pizza and a lot less fuss than making a whole pie, this might be my new favorite hack for satiating sudden requests for pizza at my house.
I thought I was so clever and smart to turn everyone’s favorite pizza into an easy microwave dip recipe. And then I went on Pinterest and realized…I’m not so creative, this has been done a million times before.
While I may not have invented the concept of pepperoni pizza dip, that doesn’t change it from being delicious!
Ooey gooey cheesy goodness that you can make in minutes. . .you can’t go wrong with this pizza dip recipe. Serve it up for an easy dinner like I did or bring it to your next tailgating party.
Pizza dip would be a welcome addition to any game day party, potluck or family movie night, too! My whole family loved this dip as much as I did; there were zero complaints about a dinner that consisted of a plate of dip to share with lots of crusty french bread.
Pizza Dip Ingredients
Here’s what goes into this pepperoni pizza dip:
- Cream cheese – Softened first
- Pizza sauce – I use canned sauce for convenience’s sake. If you have a homemade sauce handy, that’ll be great in this recipe too.
- Parmesan cheese – freshly grated
- Mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Pepperoni slices
There’s no stove top or oven required to make this hot cheesy pizza dip! Everything gets melted together in a pie plate right in your microwave.
How to make Pepperoni Pizza Dip
STEP 1. In a microwave safe 9-inch pie plate, spread room temperature (softened) cream cheese evenly to cover the bottom of dish. Sprinkle with 1 tsp Italian seasoning and 1/2 tsp oregano. Top with pizza sauce. Sprinkle the cheeses over the sauce and top with the pepperoni.
STEP 2. Add the remaining Italian seasoning, oregano and crushed red pepper by sprinkling it over the top.
STEP 3. Cover pie plate with plastic wrap and microwave for 4-6 minutes, time will vary depending on microwave. Dip is done when cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve with crusty french bread or crackers. It’s also delicious with Garlic Bread. toasted rolls or toast points. Enjoy!
Pizza Dip Recipes
Try these great ideas for making your very best pizza dip!
- Vegetarian pizza dip: Swap the pepperoni for diced onions and peppers. For the best of both worlds, use half pepperoni, half onions and peppers.
- Meat lover’s pizza dip: Mix browned Italian sausage crumbles into the dip after taking it out of the microwave.
- Turkey pepperoni: If you like turkey pepperoni or other pepperoni substitutes, those will taste great in this dip as well.
- Spicy pizza dip: For those who can’t get enough spice, feel free to add a bit more crushed red pepper to the dip to taste.
How to Store Pizza Dip
Pizza dip is so easy and quick to prepare that you can make it right before serving, even if you’re in a hurry!
Any leftovers can be covered with plastic wrap again and stored in the pie plate in the fridge, or transferred to a plastic container for storage. Heat in the microwave when ready to eat to get the cheese nice and melty again.
More Game Day Recipes
- Artichoke Jalapeno Dip makes a great snack. Perfect for game day or any day!
- Jalapeno Corn Dip: this is one of my most requested recipes at family potlucks!
- These EASY Peppermint Patty Footballs are not only delicious, but adorable too!
- My kids LOVE these Chocolate Oatmeal Cream pies…especially when they are in football shapes!
Easy Pepperoni Pizza Dip recipe! Who wants a little cheese at their next tailgating party?
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 tsp oregano, divided
- 1 can (14oz) pizza sauce
- 8oz (2cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 grated parmesan cheese
- 16 pepperoni slices
- pinch crushed red pepper
- In a microwave safe 9-inch pie plate, spread softened cream cheese evenly to cover the bottom of dish. Sprinkle with 1 tsp Italian seasoning and 1/2 tsp oregano. Top with pizza sauce. Sprinkle the cheeses over the sauce and top with the pepperoni. Add the remaining Italian seasoning, oregano and crushed red pepper by sprinkling it over the top.
- Cover pie plate with plastic wrap and microwave for 4-6 minutes, time will vary depending on microwave. Dip is done when cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with crusty french bread or crackers. ENJOY.
You can substitute chopped green pepper and chopped onion for the pepperoni if desired (about 1 cup total).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.
Today’s recipe for Pepperoni pizza dip was originally published on Shugary Sweets on November 9, 2013. Text updated May 2020.