No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Easy recipe for No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies! The peanut butter with chocolate and oats gives these cookies so much flavor!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
Click HERE to save recipe to pinterest!
For as often as I make these No Bake Chocolate Cookies, I’m shocked that I don’t have the recipe on the blog already. I mean, sure I have a nutella version, an espresso flavor, and no bake oatmeal scotchies….but no classic to be found.
As my kids are getting older, I’m trying to make sure that they can handle life on their own. You know, do laundry, dishes, and cook for themselves. And while some of my kids are better in the kitchen than others, I have one child (hi Tessa) who no matter what she attempts, it doesn’t work out.
Take these No Bake Chocolate Cookies for example. She burned them. Yes. BURNED them. The first time she attempted to make them on her own, she overcooked the mixture on the stove. Smoke detectors were going off. The burnt smell of chocolate lingered. And there were no cookies to be eaten that day.
She can make a mean bowl of Ramen and a spot on PB&J sandwich, so I guess she’s ready for college life one day, haha!! I have a few years to help her master some kitchen skills, and one day she will master these NO BAKE cookies too. Stay tuned!
How to make no bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies:
- First, have all your ingredients measured and ready. This comes to a boil quickly, and sets up quickly. Also, lay out your parchment paper on your counter before beginning.
- Next, over medium heat, you’ll combine the sugar, cocoa, milk, and butter. You’ll bring that to a full boil. Boil for only ONE MINUTE.
- Immediately remove from heat and add in the vanilla, salt, peanut butter, and oats. Stir until combined.
- Working quickly, drop by large tablespoon onto your parchment paper (I use two spoons). Allow to set, about 20 minutes. Try to not EAT it all as it sets, haha!
- Store in airtight container at room temperature. ENJOY.
Love making easy, No Bake desserts? Here are a few of my favorites:
No Bake Banana Cream Cheesecake: one of the best desserts I’ve ever eaten!
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake: delicious pie that comes together easily!
Cookies: No Bake Oatmeal Scotchies: delicious chilled cookies!
If you love today’s No Bake Chocolate Cookies, here are some delicious no bake treats from my friends:
- No Bake Buckeye Bars from The First Year Blog
- Dulce de Leche No Bake Cookies from Dinner, Dishes, and Desserts
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
- No Bake Funfetti Pudding Pie from Beyond Frosting
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
No Bake Chocolate Cookies
Yield: about 60 cookies
Prep Time:20 minutes
Total Time:45 minutes
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cup quick oats
- Over medium heat, cook sugar, cocoa, milk and butter. Bring to a boil and boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, salt, peanut butter, and oats. Stir until combined.
- Drop by tablespoon on parchment paper and cool. Allow to set about 20 minutes.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
Today’s recipe for No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies was originally published September 26, 2016 and has been updated and republished in May 2018.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**