Avalanche Cookies are chewy no-bake cookies with rice cereal, peanut butter and two kinds of chocolate. No need to turn on the oven to make perfect cookies in minutes!
Table of Contents
Why These Cookies Are Best
- All the great taste of a peanut butter rice krispie treat.
- No slicing required.
- Easy to make, eat and share.
- Ready to eat in minutes!
- No oven. This no bake dessert is a perfect summer treat.
If you love rice krispie treats as much as I do, trust me: you’re going to become OBSESSED with making Avalanche Cookies.
Another reason to love this recipe? The ingredients are super simple.
- Rice Krispie Cereal – Or use a generic puffed rice cereal instead.
- Peanut butter – Creamy peanut butter is best!
- White chocolate morsels – These are melted with the peanut butter to sweeten the cookies.
- Mini marshmallows – Adds the perfect variety of texture.
- Mini chocolate morsels – Sprinkled on top for an extra chocolate touch!
Easy to Make
Here’s how I make these easy no bake cookies.
- MELT. Melt white chocolate and peanut butter together on the stove.
- Combine. Pour peanut butter mixture over rice cereal. Stir to combine.
- Fold. Fold in the mini marshmallows.
- Drop. Drop the batter onto a baking sheet by the spoonful. Sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips.
Avalanche Cookies set up quickly compared to some other no bake recipes. Leave them on the baking sheet and they’re ready to eat in about 15 minutes.
That’s excellent news when you’re hungry and can’t resist the appeal of a chewy rice krispie cookie with marshmallows, peanut butter and chocolate!
Tips and Tricks
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper. The batter will be sticky!
- Press the cookies down slightly to spread them out. The bottom of a drinking glass is perfect for this.
- Make sure to use FRESH marshmallows. Stale marshmallows will make your cookies taste stale.
Store these cookies in an airtight container. You can keep them at room temperature or in the fridge. They taste delicious cold!
Avalanche Cookies are best enjoyed within 5 days. If your household is anything like mine when it comes to cookies, you’re probably going to eat them all long before then.
I used a 2 ½ Tablespoon metal cookie scoop for perfectly sized cookies. If you choose to make larger cookies, they will take longer to firm up.
Use your microwave! Combine the white chocolate and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between each one, until the mixture is smooth, melted and combined.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- 3 cups rice krispie cereal
- 2 packages white chocolate morsels 12 ounce each
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, add rice krispie cereal. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt white chocolate morsels and peanut butter over low heat until smooth, stirring frequently.
- Pour white chocolate mixture over rice krispie cereal and gently combine until all the cereal is coated. Wait for the mixture to cool for about 15 minutes until moving on to the next step.
- Fold in the mini marshmallows.
- Drop the mixture by scoop or by Tablespoons onto parchment paper.
- Immediately sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Let set up for about 15 minutes.
- What scoop size did we use? We used a 2 1/2 Tablespoon metal cookie scoop. After we placed the cookie mounds on the parchment, we pressed them down slightly to spread them out.
- Melting white chocolate: You can use the microwave to melt the white chocolate chips and peanut butter. Place them in a microwave-safe glass bowl and heat for 30 – 45 seconds at a time, stirring between rounds until everything comes together.
- Marshmallows. Use fresh marshmallows. Using stale mallows will result in a stale treat!
- Storage. Store treats in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Avalanche Bars become cookies in this easy no bake recipe! You’ll love the sweet peanut butter flavor and marshmallows in every bite.