Stuffed Taco Shells
If you love easy, delicious dinner ideas, these Stuffed Taco Shells are for you! Plus, prep them in advance and freeze the shells for a later meal. Great for new moms too!
Be sure to sign up for my free email subscription…new recipes in your inbox
Can we talk about running for a minute?
Are you a runner? Can you please tell me how you do it? I mean it seems easy enough. One foot in front of the other. Quickly. Or at least a quicker pace than walking, right?
For whatever reason, I can’t seem to run. I want to run. I want to stand at street corners bobbing up and down with the appearance that I can’t stop moving because I’m hard core. But after running for
forever a few minutes, I start walking again. I’m not tired. I’m not short of breath. My muscles don’t hurt.
I’ve just convinced myself in my head, that I can’t run. So I don’t. Please tell me someone else has been this way, and you know the cure. The magic words that will keep me running. PLEASE. Anyone?
I promised a couple weeks ago on instagram (do you follow me??) that I would share some freezer meal ideas with you. Stuffed Taco Shells are so easy, and one of my favorites.
I’ve actually got a few more stuffed shell recipes coming to the blog, so stock up on shells you guys! Why do these make great freezer meals? Easy. Stuff the shells with the ingredients listed and you can freeze these in ziploc bags. When you are ready for dinner, remove only the number of shells you need for that meal, place them in the baking dish (from frozen), add sauce, and bake. Seriously, it’s that easy.
Granted, you need to have a day where you can stuff the shells. Or, you can always stuff and then bake immediately. Each recipe makes about 40 shells…so unless you have a huge family, you can always eat some immediately and freeze the remainder for another meal. These are perfect for new moms, or families in need of a meal.
Now, while you go make this, I’m going to pretend to run.
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
1 package (16oz) large shells 2 lb ground beef (or ground turkey) 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies 1 cup corn and black bean salsa (or any of your favorite variety salsa) 4 cup mexican blend shredded cheese 6 Tbsp taco seasoning (homemade or 2 packages) salsa, for bottom of baking dish toppings: tomato, lettuce, avocado, sour cream (optional)
- 1 package (16oz) large shells
- 2 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 cup corn and black bean salsa (or any of your favorite variety salsa)
- 4 cup mexican blend shredded cheese
- 6 Tbsp taco seasoning (homemade or 2 packages)
- salsa, for bottom of baking dish
- Cook large shells pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, separate and place on parchment paper on counter. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef (or ground turkey) in a large skillet. Once browned, drain grease and return meat to skillet. Add in green chilies, corn and black bean salsa, and taco seasoning. Fold in shredded cheese. Set aside.
- Using a large spoon, stuff each shell with taco meat mixture, until all shells are stuffed. Place shells in ziploc bag and freeze until ready to use. When ready to cook, follow step 4 below.
- OR, if baking immediately, pour about 1 cup of salsa in bottom of baking dish. Choose a dish size that will fit the number of shells you are going to be cooking. For my family, we each eat about 2-3 shells per meal. On top of salsa, add shells. Cover dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes in a 350F oven. Remove foil and bake an additional 5-15 minutes, until salsa on bottom is bubbly and mixture inside shells is fully heated.
- Serve with additional toppings if desired. ENJOY.
On the hunt for easy dinner ideas? You’ve come to the right place!
Baked Margherita Chicken: I love to prep this meal in the morning and just put it in the oven at dinner. Plus, it’s delicious.
Bacon Cheeseburger Braid: one of my kids favorite meals, and it whips up in no time at all!
Saucy Cheesesteak Hoagies: got hungry mouths to feed? These hoagies have deli meat that’s sliced and sauteed for a hearty sandwich.
Love today’s Stuffed Taco Shells? Check out some of these dinner recipes from my friends:
- Pinto Bean Burritos from Aggie’s Kitchen
- French Onion Soup from I Wash, You Dry
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers from Buns in My Oven
- Pepperoni Pizza Ring from Pocket Change Gourmet
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**