These delicious Buffalo Chicken Tacos are a cinch to put together! Cook up some shredded chicken in your slow cooker tonight, then whip up some of my homemade blue cheese dressing! A fun twist on a game day classic!
It’s no secret that I love using my crockpot to make dinner. It doesn’t matter the time of year, in winter I make tons of soups and stews…and in summer I do more shredded chicken and pork.
Last year I learned a little trick about shredding chicken. After cooking it all day in the slow cooker, and it’s super moist and tender, you can toss it into your electric mixer with the paddle attachment for a minute or two. I turn it on low, and seriously within a minute, you have perfectly shredded chicken!
These tacos come together in no time too. I used a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing sauce with my shredded chicken. I topped these tacos with some carrots and celery (for a little crunch) and some homemade blue cheese dressing to cut some of the heat (in a hurry, you can use your favorite store bought blue cheese dressing if you prefer).
I love dinners that taste incredible, and you would think that someone slaved in the kitchen…but no. Just my hard working Ninja doing it’s job!
What are some of YOUR favorite slow cooker meals?
We also love this easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Casserole for a fun, easy chicken dinner.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 1 cup shredded celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 12 tortillas
- 6 oz sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large slow cooker, add chicken breast. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours (up to 8 hours if you don't open the lid).
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayo, pepper and salt, and blue cheese. Mix until combined and refrigerate one hour or more.
- After 6 hours, remove chicken from cooker and shred (I use my kitchen aid mixer with paddle attachment on low). Return to the slow cooker and add in buffalo wing sauce. Mix until combined. Heat another 15 minutes.
- To serve: add shredded buffalo chicken to tortilla. Top with shredded carrots and celery and spoonful of blue cheese dressing. ENJOY
Love Tacos? These Tequila Chicken Tacos are a family favorite!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**