Nothing beats a fix it and forget it slow cooker recipe. From flavorful slow cooker recipes with chicken, to healthy crockpot recipes, we’ve got all the best weeknight meals ready for you!
Whether you’re looking for a classic comfort food, or something unique, this list is for you! There’s truly no better feeling than to come home from work and know that dinner is ready!
Why Make Slow Cooker Meals
If you’re new to the slow cooker, here’s something you should know!
- Easy. Crockpot recipes are usually very easy. Our Mississippi Pot Roast takes two minutes to prep. That’s it!
- Easy Cleanup. Your evening routine just got easier with just ONE dish to clean. No messy pots and pans to worry about when you’re making our Slow Cooker Italian Beef (and others)!
- Flavorful. Allowing the flavors to meld together for hours creates a truly delicious meal, like our pork ragu!
Tips and Tricks for Slow Cooking
- Tools. First you’ll need to choose your favorite slow cooker. We love this one on Amazon. Affordable and has a locking lid which is great if you’re taking dinner on the run!
- Slow Cooker Recipes with Chicken. We love putting chicken in our crockpot, but for best flavor, boneless chicken thighs have the juiciest flavor! You’ll agree after one bite of our chicken enchilada chili. Chicken on the bone works great too.
- Ground Beef recipes. For most recipes, we brown our ground beef before adding to the slow cooker. But, for our taco meat, you’ll love that you can toss your raw meat in, let the flavors mingle while it cooks, and then mix it all up right before serving.
- Dairy. We typically wait to stir in dairy right before serving. Whether it be heavy cream or greek yogurt to thicken up soups and sauces.