I love cooking in my crockpot. It’s such a good feeling to look at the clock at 3pm and know that dinner is cooking itself. With very little work in the morning we can have an awesome dinner in the afternoon. When it comes to cooking chicken in my crockpot, I always put it in from frozen. Plus, slicing the frozen chicken was way easier than slicing thawed chicken!
- 2lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 3 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lime, juiced
- toppings: tortillas, shredded cheese, tomato, lettuce, avocado, etc
- In a large crockpot, add chicken. Top with peppers and onion. Add seasonings and pour chicken broth over the top. Add lime juice.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When ready to serve, shred chicken into large chunks with a fork. Serve on a tortilla with your favorite toppings. ENJOY.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 100mg Sodium: 405mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 39g
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**