Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
With only a few minutes prep time, you can have this Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken for dinner tonight! Pull out your crockpot, fix it and forget it!
Oh hey, just me again with another recipe for your slow cooker! I’m seriously in love with making dinner in a “fix and forget” it fashion.
I’ve heard so many people complain about cooking in the crockpot. They say the meat ends up being flavorless, and it’s like Hamburger Helper…every meal tastes the same. While agree this can happen if you don’t season the meat. But I’ve got a news flash. Today’s recipe is DELICIOUS!
One thing I do that adds a ton of flavor is when cooking with chicken in the crockpot I ALWAYS use chicken thighs. They don’t dry out like chicken breasts do, and they truly absorb the flavor in the best possible way!
Today’s Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken recipe is delicious with a side of potatoes or even some jasmine rice! Just a few minutes prep work and you’ll be enjoying this dinner soon!
If you’re looking for more crockpot recipes, my friend Holly took a classic comfort food and made this Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings recipe! Love her shortcut dumplings! While my husband dislikes mushrooms, I’m drooling over this Crock Pot Chicken Marsala recipe from Brenda!!! No need for separate pans and dishes with this Crockpot Chicken Alfredo Pasta recipe from Chelsea! LOVE this easy weeknight meal idea!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 green pepper, sliced and seeded
- 1 red pepper, sliced and seeded
- 1 orange (or yellow) pepper, sliced and seeded
- 1 small onion, sliced
- In the bottom of a large crockpot ( I love my NINJA Slow Cooker), combine the broth, sugar, vinegar, soy, salt, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Whisk together.
- Add the chicken thighs and sliced vegetables. Cover and cook on low for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, shred chicken with a fork and enjoy over potatoes or rice!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**