Buffalo Chicken with Homemade Blue Cheese
Here’s a little secret. I have a hard time naming my recipes. I mean I could have named this “So stinkin easy it will knock your socks off,” or “Buffalo dinner in 20 minutes,” or “Sorry I don’t eat Buffalo.” But, no. I settled on the classic Buffalo Chicken. Here’s the dilemma though. When I post to all your linky parties some of you understand me, and understand I need 50+ characters to get my recipe name across. Some of you make me limit myself to 25, and with that I have to condense my lengthy description into a short catchy recipe name! So when I post this, will it be “buffalo chicken” or “homemade blue cheese”. You see my dilemma?
Okay, so most of you don’t even care. Or understand. Or even follow what I’m talking about. Linky party? (the links that I post after my recipe). So for you, I will just say, “make this for dinner.” Or lunch. Or for dinner, then eat leftovers for lunch.
In my past life I was a Pampered Chef consultant, so when I make this I use my Deep Covered Baker and stick it in the microwave. However, for those of you without one (for that I’m sorry), you can put your chicken in a 13×9, or even a baking pan, and cook in the oven for your regular chicken cooking time. Or for those that love shortcuts, buy a rotisserie chicken and use that. Or the next time you grill chicken, cook up a few extra and freeze them just for this. Get my point? Make chicken.
My farmer behind me would be sad to hear me telling you all to make chicken, since I get my beef from him! So today eat chicken, tomorrow eat beef. Then a little pork if you want to feel more rounded. I’m not a big lamb or venison eater or I would encourage you to eat that too.
Wow, all this talking and still no recipe. You ready? One more thing. I have always hated blue cheese dressing. However, when eaten with the spicy buffalo sauce, it’s pretty amazing (and it cools the palate)! Try it!
4 chicken breasts ½ red onion, sliced salt/pepper ½ cup buffalo wing sauce (I just used Kroger mild Buffalo wing sauce) 3 Tbsp smoky BBQ rub (optional: McCormicks and Pampered Chef have a variety of this)
- 4 chicken breasts
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce (I just used Kroger mild Buffalo wing sauce)
for the dressing:
- 2 stalks celery
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Hawaiian sweet rolls
- Place onion in bottom of baking dish. Lay chicken breasts over onion. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, microwave for 8 minutes. Turn breasts, cook another 2 minutes. Or you can cook in oven (about 35 minutes at 375 degrees). You can also cook your chicken on a skillet with the onions. So many options!
- Meanwhile, mix mayo, sour cream, pepper, salt and blue cheese. Slice celery into small strips.
- In a mixing bowl, mix wing sauce with BBQ rub. Remove chicken from baker, drain extra liquid (don't throw away the onion). Slice chicken in thin strips, add to onion. Pour wing sauce over chicken. Serve with rolls and celery and dip. I put the celery and blue cheese on my sandwich. So good. You can also make this dish in advance, and stick it in the crockpot to heat it up for dinner! LOVE!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**