Tangy and hearty, these Buffalo Chicken Sliders are perfect for an easy weeknight dinner, or snack for game day! Packed with shredded chicken, buffalo dip flavor, and melted cheese, you’ll love making these any day of the week.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
These buffalo chicken sliders are a spin on classic buffalo wings!
My husband and I love the taste of buffalo wing sauce, so I’ve been finding ways to put the flavor of buffalo wings into even more recipes.
These buffalo chicken sliders are perfect for game day, tailgating, and even a quick weeknight dinner.
Top them with a batch of our homemade blue cheese dressing, if you like!
- Just 15 minutes to prep these sliders! And you can prep them ahead if you want to have them ready to go for a party or game day.
- You can make them more or less spicy to suit your tastes.
- All the delicious taste of buffalo wings wrapped up in a sandwich! Bonus: They are much less messy to eat than wings!
- Sliders – Sweet hawaiian rolls are our favorite choice for today’s recipe. Use a small mini slider bun of your choice.
- Chicken – Using a store-bought rotisserie chicken makes this recipe quick and easy. You can also make our shredded chicken to use, and you can even make it in advance.. See details in the recipe notes in the recipe card below.
- Mozzarella Cheese – This makes these sliders extra melty. For best flavor, grate the mozzarella yourself.
- Celery and Green Onions – These add a nice crunch to the sliders, similar to eating celery sticks alongside wings, but you can skip it if you prefer.
- Blue Cheese – These are a classic with wings, but you can skip it if you don’t care for the flavor.
STEP 1. Prep the rolls. Cut the rolls in half horizontally, cutting evenly and keeping the rolls connected. Place the bottom half in a 9×13 pan lined with parchment paper or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
STEP 2. Make the filling. Mix softened cream cheese, green onions, celery, parsley, garlic powder, seasoned salt, pepper and hot sauce together until well combined. Fold in the shredded chicken and mozzarella cheese.
STEP 3. Assemble the sliders. Spread the creamy chicken mixture over the base layer of the rolls. Sprinkle with blue cheese then top with the top layer of the sliders.
STEP 4. Brush with butter and bake. Combine the melted butter and Italian seasoning and brush on top of the sliders. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes, until browned and heated through. Let sit for a couple of minutes, then slice and serve.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to use dinner rolls or buns that come all stuck together. We assemble and bake them all together and wait to cut them when ready to serve.
- Adjust the heat. You can use a little more hot sauce for more heat or less if you want to cut down on the spicy factor. Frank’s Wing sauce is not too spicy (and note that it’s the WING sauce, not the HOT sauce) and is a good place to start.
- Grate your own cheese. I like to buy cheese in blocks and grate it myself to add to recipes. It melts more quickly and tastes fresher this way!
- Make it vegetarian and use our easy cauliflower wings instead of chicken!
- Serve it up. We love dipping our sliders in homemade ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing! Delicious when served with a big wedge salad (you know, balance!)
Yes, you can make the filling a day ahead of time. Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Fill the sliders and bake the next day.
You can also make the sandwiches (except for brushing the butter on them) a day ahead and cover the baking dish with plastic. Brush with seasoned butter and bake the next day.
Yup! You can freeze these sandwiches in individual portions. Then you can reheat in the microwave for a quick lunch or snack.
Leftover sliders will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 or 5 days.
You can reheat individual sliders in the microwave until hot. You can also reheat 4 at a time in an Air Fryer at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes to get a crispy bun. Or bring them to room temperature and bake in a pan covered with foil at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
More Chicken Recipes
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Ring
- Pineapple Chicken
- Chicken Tetrazzini
- Bourbon Chicken
- Tequila Chicken
- More Easy Main Dish Ideas
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 1 package Hawaiian-type sweet rolls 12 pack
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 green onions chopped
- ⅓ cup finely diced celery
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt see notes
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup Frank’s Wing sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup Blue cheese crumbles optional
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Chopped chives optional
- Heat oven to 375℉ degrees. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- With a serrated knife, cut the rolls in half horizontally, cutting evenly and keeping the rolls connected. Once separated, there should be a large bottom “bun” and a large “top” bun.
- Remove the top half. Set aside. Place the bottom half, cut side up, in the pan.
- Mix softened cream cheese, green onions, celery, parsley, garlic powder, seasoned salt, pepper, and hot sauce in a medium-sized bowl.
- Fold in the shredded chicken and mozzarella cheese. Spread the mixture in an even layer over the bottom buns.
- Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles on top of the chicken. Place the top bun on the chicken layer.
- In a small dish, combine the melted butter and Italian seasoning. Brush the tops of the rolls with the butter mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and heated.
- Remove from the oven, and let sit for a few minutes before slicing between rolls.
- Storage and Freezing. You can make the filling a day ahead of time. Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Fill and bake the next day. You may also make the sandwiches (except for brushing the butter on them) a day ahead and wrap the baking dish with plastic. Brush with seasoned butter and bake the next day. Leftover sandwiches will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 or 5 days.
- Reheating. Oven – Allow the sliders to come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350℉. Cover with foil and heat for 5-7 minutes or until heated. Microwave – We recommend reheating the sliders, one at a time, to prevent them from getting soggy. Heat the slider on a microwave-safe plate for about 15 seconds. This reheating method will create a very melty and creamy filling. Air-Fryer – Place 4 sliders on a piece of foil and set the air fryer to 370℉ for 5 minutes. This reheating method will result in a nicely crisped bun.