Delicious Buffalo Chicken Ring makes the perfect game days snack idea for all your favorite fans, or it’s the perfect meal! You decide! Don’t forget to whip up a batch of homemade blue cheese dressing to serve with this recipe!
You guys. I’m so excited to share this delicious dinner idea with you. I love a meal that comes together, and you realize just how versatile it can be!
Perfect as a game day snack to feed a crowd. Or a weekday meal.
Now that my family is back home in Chicago, we are fully immersed into the Bears football season (any Bears fans out there?). And with the start of football season, comes watch parties and tailgating. I’m sure many of you have had this Buffalo Chicken Dip, but I’m making the classic dip into a delicious meal.
Don’t get me wrong, the original dip is delicious. But I’m always on the hunt to make my favorite dips into dinners. It becomes a win-win right?
Of course, Buffalo Chicken dip wouldn’t be complete without the two main ingredients: Frank’s Hot Sauce and PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese.
As a brand ambassador for PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, I was asked to take this perfect party pair, and come up with my own unique recipe. Today’s Buffalo Chicken Ring is my version of the dip!
I also made a creamy Blue Cheese dipping sauce to drizzle over the top and serve with the dinner. I’m pretty sure your game day fans will love this recipe too!
How to make a Buffalo Chicken Dinner
You can see in the photo above that I’ve tried to highlight the key points!
Cook your chicken in a large saucepan, add the chopped celery during the last minute or two, just to soften it slightly. You still want your celery to have a crunch! Drain off the excess water before combining the remaining ingredients.
I use a pizza stone when baking this. That way it can go from oven to table, and the stone keeps it warm longer!
Lay your first package of crescent rolls in a circle shape, with the wide part in the center and the point facing outward. Repeat with the second package. Use your fingertips to press them gently together and create an “indentation” to fill with Buffalo Chicken.
Once you fill the center ring with buffalo chicken, wrap your first layer of crescents over the filling. Repeat with the second layer of crescents. Most of your filling should be covered at this point. You can stretch the crescent rolls to cover it completely.
Bake. While baking, mix up your blue cheese dip. You can serve this dip warm, or heat it up so it’s creamy (that’s how I like it)! Serve and enjoy!
PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese is made from fresh local milk and real wholesome cream. It comes to your grocery store in just six days, now that’s fresh! I use PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese for all my baking because I find that it always gives me perfect results: creamy, decadent results!
You can also whip up this easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta recipe for a hearty, 30 minute meal idea.
Now, that I’ve enticed you with this Buffalo Chicken Ring recipe, who are you rooting for this season? Or do you just “show up” for the food?!
Buffalo Chicken Ring, easy game day dinner recipe!
For the ring:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 5oz Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1 package (8oz) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
For the blue cheese:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup milk (I use fat free)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken, salt and pepper and cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked (about 6-8 minutes, but check yours as cooking times vary). Add celery and cook an additional minute or two. Drain off excess water. Add hot sauce and cream cheese and mix until combined thoroughly. Set aside.
- Using a large pizza pan, open packages of crescent rolls. Lay the first package in a large circle, connecting the wide part of the crescent roll in the center. Top with second package of crescents. Use fingertips to combine and create an indentation to add chicken mixture. Fill indentation with buffalo chicken. Roll triangles up over filling, using hands to spread dough as needed.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- While cooking, combine dressing ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over low, stirring occasionally, until creamy. Serve with Buffalo Chicken Ring.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 813mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
“I have been selected by Kraft Foods to be an ambassador for PHILADELPHIA cream cheese. While I have been compensated for my time, my opinions are my own, and I have not been paid to post positive comments. Read my disclosure policy for more information!”