Italian Beef Ring recipe made with just 4 ingredients! This flavorful beef crescent ring is a fun, hearty meal or game day snack.
Table of Contents
Why This Dinner is Best
- This crescent ring recipe is a fun twist on Chicago-style Italian beef sandwiches.
- Cooked beef is baked with giardiniera inside a ring of crescent rolls!
- The flavorful au jus from the beef becomes a dipping sauce for the Italian beef ring slices.
- A quick and easy recipe for dinner, parties and your game day viewing!
Stock up on crescent rolls next time you go shopping. Once you learn how to make crescent rings you’ll want to try them with all kinds of fillings!
My favorite part about this recipe? You only need 4 ingredients to make it.
- Italian Beef – You can buy the frozen tubs for convenience or use this Italian Beef recipe to make your own.
- Giardiniera – A blend of picked Italian vegetables. You can use either mild or spicy, depending on your preference.
- Shredded cheese – I love using Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar here.
- Crescent rolls – You’ll need two full packages, uncooked.
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s how to make a beef crescent ring:
- Lay all your crescent rolls out in a circle, like I did in this Buffalo Chicken Ring. (You can see photos on that post for a more thorough explanation).
- Add beef to the crescent rolls. Cover with cheese.
- Drain the gardiniera and arrange it over the cheese.
- Wrap the rolls around the filling from the wide end, working inward.
- Bake until golden brown and enjoy!
The Italian beef in this recipe refers to a type of beef roast that’s simmered with peppers and Italian seasonings. It’s an Italian American dish that’s very popular in my home city, Chicago.
This recipe uses the crescent rolls that come already serrated into triangles, easy to separate. The shape of the crescents makes pulling off single servings of beef ring so easy!
That’s up to you. I eat this as a finger foodu002du002dno knife and fork required.
More Dinner Ideas
- BLT Chicken Braid from Inside BruCrew Life
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Chicken Caprese
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Turkey Noodle Soup
Italian Beef Ring
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 pounds Italian Beef au jus reserved for later
- 1 cup giardiniera mild or spicy, drained
- 8 ounce shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Using a large pizza pan, open packages of crescent rolls. Lay the first package in a large circle, connecting the wide part of the crescent roll in the center. Top with second package of crescents. Use fingertips to combine and create an indentation to add italian beef.
- Fill indentation with Italian Beef. Top with giardiniera and shredded cheese. Roll triangles up over filling, using hands to spread dough as needed.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. While baking, heat au jus. If using my homemade slow cooker recipe, use the excess juice in the crock pot. If using Papa Charlie’s Italian Beef, heat up the remaining au jus in the container, in a sauce pan until simmering.
- Serve hot Italian Beef Ring with au jus. ENJOY!
- Don’t forget to drain and reserve the au jus (that’s the juice the beef releases while cooking). Serve warm in in the center of your ring for dipping!
- I love using Papa Charlie’s Italian Beef in this recipe when I don’t have time to make my own beef from scratch. It’s my favorite brand!
- Italian Beef Ring is best enjoyed fresh and hot! Leftovers don’t keep well, since the crescent rolls tend to lose their flaky texture.
- See blog post for more recipe tips and tricks.
Easy to make Italian Beef Ring with crescent rolls is a hearty, flavorful appetizer, main course or party snack!