Dinner in under 30 minutes! Loaded with vegetables and cheese, you’ll love this easy, creamy Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe! It’s the BEST!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
I don’t know about you, but dinner time always sneaks up on me! Like one minute it’s 2pm and the next is 5:30pm and the family wants a meal.
Most nights I try to plan around a weekly menu. But then, sometimes, life happens and it’s now 6pm and the people in my house want dinner…not cereal.
For this reason, I try to always have the ingredients on hand to make homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup.
If you love Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe, get your printer ready, because today’s version is going to satisfy even the picky eaters!
How to make Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
So you may remember a few years ago I made this recipe for Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup. I’ve had a large number of people asking if I could make an Instant Pot version of that classic recipe.
And the answer is YES.
First, add butter, diced onion, chicken broth, broccoli, carrots, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to the pressure cooking pot.
Lock the lid in place, making sure to select “Sealing” on the valve. Select High Pressure Cook (or manual) for 4 minutes.
Once the cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker and do a quick release.
In a small bowl, whisk together cold water and cornstarch. Open the lid of the pressure cooker (away from your face).
Turn the instant pot on “saute” and add the cornstarch mixture to the pot. Also add the heavy cream and cheddar cheese. Stirring continuously, mix the soup until cheese is melted and thickens, about 3 minutes.
Turn off and serve immediately. ENJOY.
Tips for making Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Cut your fresh broccoli florets into small pieces, and try to remove as much stem as possible. I like my pieces to be about thumbnail size.
- Shred carrots instead of using matchstick carrots. They cook faster, and won’t leave you with raw, chewy vegetables.
- You can substitute the heavy cream for half and half if desired.
- I used regular store brand cheddar cheese, but be sure to shred it yourself. Pre-shredded cheese has a coating on it to keep the shreds from sticking together in the bag. This coating also keeps the cheese from melting smooth when making soup, mac and cheese, and queso! Always shred your own cheese if you will be melting it!
- Keep this soup vegetarian by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth!
- Don’t forget a pinch of red pepper flakes to finish off this soup! Seasoning makes a big difference.
What to serve with Broccoli Cheese Soup
Well if you go to Panera Bread you’re likely to choose their You Pick Two option. Here are my favorite pairings with this easy Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
This Strawberry Pecan Salad is loaded with fresh berries and candied Pecan Halves. It’s also topped with a sweet, homemade lemon poppy seed dressing.
Cozy up to this Harvest Salad recipe with it’s delicious Lemon Poppy Seed dressing. You’ll love the flavors of apples, pears, cashews, and swiss cheese in this hearty salad recipe!
Quick and delicious Chicken Pasta Spinach Salad with Teriyaki Dressing. This Mandarin Pasta Spinach Salad is ridiculously good, and the teriyaki vinaigrette is addictive!
This tasty, Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Salad sandwich is made with breaded chicken, pickle relish, celery, eggs, and mayo. What’s not to love about this iconic salad?
Creamy white cheddar macaroni and cheese just like Panera. Give this copycat Panera Mac and Cheese a try. Oh and it’s quick and easy on the stove top too!!
Bread for Soup
Everyone loves dunking bread into their soup, right? I mean, you could make your own bread bowls, but buying a quick loaf of french bread is just as easy.
Instant Pot Cornbread is moist and buttery! You’ll love this golden cornbread recipe, so thick and tender! Perfect with a bowl of hot soup.
Easy, buttery Beer Bread goes perfect with this soup! Also great to cube into bite sized pieces and use for dips!
Are you looking for a fluffy, delicious Dinner Roll? These No Knead Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls will please the whole family!
Easiest side dish ever. Whip up a batch of these Puff Pastry Bread Sticks to dunk in your soup!
Want more Instant Pot Recipes?
Each week I’m trying to share one new Instant Pot Recipe.
In the meantime, how about starting with the basics. Like this recipe for Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs. The simple 5-5-5 method for making perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs. You’ll be amazed at how easily they peel, and how creamy and delicious they taste!
No more all day cooking to make a batch of fresh applesauce. This homemade Instant Pot applesauce recipe is ready for dinner tonight!
You’ve stumbled on THE BEST Instant Pot Mac and Cheese recipe! Super creamy and ready in ten minutes using your pressure cooker!
Looking for a delicious, easy weeknight dinner idea? This Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole recipe is the perfect comfort food, and ready in under 30 minutes! Tastes just like mom’s homemade stuffed peppers, only easier and quicker!
Ready in under 30 minutes, this delicious Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo recipe has become part of our monthly meal rotation! I’ve even got the “skinny” on how to lighten it up!
Tender roasted, French Dip Sandwiches cooked in the Instant Pot. Piled on a crusty french roll with extra cheese, this flavorful dinner is then dipped in au jus!
From start to finish, this easy Instant Pot Bourbon Chicken Recipe is ready in under 30 minutes! Packed with flavor, it’s faster than going to the mall to pick up a plate of this dish!
Under 30 minutes for this easy, flavorful Instant Pot Ziti Recipe. Packed with flavor and CHEESE, you’ll love this delicious weeknight dinner in the pressure cooker!
This Easy Instant Pot Taco Soup Recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner idea. Packed with flavor, your family is going to ask for this again and again!
This Easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe is the perfect weeknight meal. Tender beef with a thick and creamy mushroom sauce. Your family will love it!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
More Easy Dinner Recipes:
- Instant Pot Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Roast
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Baked Ziti Recipe
- Chicken Tetrazzini
- Butter Chicken
- Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- MORE Soup Recipes
Dinner in under 30 minutes! Loaded with vegetables and cheese, you'll love this easy, creamy Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe!
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped very small (florets only), about 3 cups
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 32 oz chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add butter, diced onion, diced broccoli, carrots, chicken broth, pepper, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes to pressure cooker. Secure lid in place and turn valve to "sealing."
- Select "High Pressure" or manual and cook for 4 minutes. When cook time ends, turn off pressure cooker and use a quick release.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cold water and cornstarch. Turn pressure cooker on to "saute" and add cornstarch mixture. Also add heavy whipping cream and cheddar cheese.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes while stirring constantly until soup thickens and cheese melts completely. Serve immediately. ENJOY.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 846Total Fat: 72gSaturated Fat: 43gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 215mgSodium: 1809mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 33g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice