Looking for a delicious weeknight dinner idea? This Slow Cooker Italian Beef has very little prep work, and you can come home to a delicious meal!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
I love Chicago. I love the food we have here. When we moved away in 2006, I didn’t realize just how much I would miss a few of my favorite things.
- Pizza. You just can’t get good pizza in Ohio. No offense New York, but I love my Chicago style Deep Dish pizza. So much so, that when we lived in Ohio I had to create my own version.
- Hot Dogs. There is nothing like a Vienna Beef dog with a sesame seed bun. Imitations don’t even compare.
- Italian Beef. The sliced beef with spicy giardiniera on a crusty french roll is hands down one of my favorite dinners!
My mother in law gave us this recipe years and years ago, to make this easy Slow Cooker Chicago Style Italian Beef.
I love the texture as the peppers have simmered with the beef for hours in your crockpot!
You can buy the spicy ones, or mild, depending on how hot you want them to be. You can also use giardiniera in the crockpot in place of the pepper rings for a milder, flavorful substitution.
Well, as long as you don’t buy the spicy giardiniera that is.
When we moved back to Chicago and all our favorite foods were well within reach, I vowed never to take these three things for granted again, haha! We may have eaten more deep dish pizza our first year back, then all the 42 years of my life! #firstworldproblems
Serve the beef on crust french bread, or even this cheesy garlic bread!
Now that my son is home from boot camp we’ll be having this Italian Beef for sure. And I have a great use for the beef in this recipe, should you have any leftovers!!
You’ll want to make this Italian Beef Ring. A little goes a long way when it comes to leftover Italian Beef! Such a simple idea for day two, yet different enough the family will love it!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- We love this easy Slow Cooker Orange Chicken recipe served on a pile of rice!
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers on a french roll is a great weeknight meal idea. Perfect comfort food!
- This Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork is a sweet way to enjoy your next meal. Serve with bbq sauce and enjoy!