Looking for a fantastic dinner idea? These Tequila Chicken Tacos are made in the slow cooker and topped with fresh pico de gallo and jalapeno cream!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
Going out to dinner with me, you can always count on me to order tacos. Usually my choice would be Fish Tacos. Mainly because I love the sauce and fixins they put on it!
So today, instead of fish tacos, I’ve got a delicious Tequila Chicken Taco recipe. Here’s the best part…the chicken is made in the slow cooker and simmers away all day long.
I used my pico de gallo recipe to add some fresh toppings to these tacos!
And a homemade jalapeno cream sauce gives this dish that “bite” you want!
After one bite, I may have told my husband “I’m a genius”. And I may have said “these are restaurant quality and better”!
And now, I think he will never take me out to dinner again.
Kidding. I hope. I really need to get my ego in check, or I’ll be in charge of dinner until the end of time!
To help you get this dinner on the table quickly, I suggest you make the pico de gallo ahead of time. Even the night before would be fine! Then in the morning, get everything in your crockpot. I’ve said it before…but I love my Ninja . Of all the slow cookers I’ve ever used, this one is by far my favorite!
I would also make the jalapeno cream in the morning or the night before. It will give the flavors time to mingle! And we all know, mingling is a good thing!
If you prefer, you can add lettuce and tomato. Or avocado. But this combo is truly my favorite. Fresh, delicious, and now I’m craving this dinner again!
Love tacos? I’ve got more delicious Tex Mex recipes here:
Taco Potato Boat: all your favorite taco ingredients piled high onto a baked potato!
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili: no time for prep, this easy chili recipe is a huge hit!
Baked Tacos: forget the crumbly shell, these crunchy tacos don’t fall apart after one bite!
Here are some delicious Taco recipes from my friends:
- Grilled Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos from Joyful Healthy Eats
- Cuban Chicken Tacos from Recipe Runner
- Flatbread Tacos from Love from the Oven
- Cheeseburger Tacos from Taste and Tell
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Tequila Chicken Tacos recipe:
Easy, slow cooker Tequila Chicken Tacos with a fresh pico de gallo and jalapeno cream topping!
For the chicken:
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
For the toppings:
- 3 cup fresh pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced and seeded
- 1/4 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- In a large slow cooker, place chicken breasts in bottom. In a small bowl, combine lime juice, tequila, garlic salt, ginger, cumin, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and honey. Whisk together and pour over chicken.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Prepare pico de gallo ahead of time to serve on tacos.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, jalapeno, dill, paprika, cumin and chili powder. Whisk until fully blended. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or more.
- To serve: shred chicken in large chunks. Place in middle of tortilla. Top with fresh pico de gallo and spoon some jalapeno sauce over the top. ENJOY!
Serving Size:1 taco
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 770mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 37g
Today’s recipe for Tequila Chicken Tacos was originally published on Shugary Sweets on April 30, 2015 and has been republished in August 2018.
**This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy for more info**