Turkey Taco Potato Boats
Looking for a delicious, easy dinner idea? Try combining a classic baked potato with taco seasoned ground turkey! Don’t forget all the toppings!
I think it’s official. I can basically turn any meal into a mexican fiesta!
I wasn’t sure if baked potatoes would taste good with taco meat, but after one bite, I’m a believer! And, if you’re watching your fat intake, this is a hearty, low fat meal! The lean ground turkey is perfect for this recipe, but if you choose, you can use ground chicken or ground beef in it’s place.
Be sure to top your potato with all the fixin’s! Lettuce, tomato, cheese, avocado, red onions and even sour cream, if desired!
If you’re interested, I use homemade taco mix for all my taco seasoning needs. It’s great to be able to control the amount of salt and flavor!
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Looking for a delicious, easy dinner idea? Try combining a classic baked potato with taco seasoned ground turkey! Don't forget all the toppings!
- 4-6 potatoes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 pkt taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 head lettuce, washed and chopped
- 3 large roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup colby-jack cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- Bake potatoes in oven. I like to bake mine directly on the oven rack in a 375 degree F oven for about one hour (pierce potatoes with a fork first). Potatoes will vary in cook times depending on size.
- Meanwhile, cook ground turkey in a large skillet until browned. Drain. Add taco seasoning and water and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- To assemble, slice potatoes. Add ground turkey and cheese. Top with desired topping. ENJOY.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**