This Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken recipe has a sweet, tangy glaze and must be put on your dinner menu soon!
My husband says that having girls is like throwing money out the window. Especially when they are all teenage girls.
One trip to the mall can cost a ridiculous amount of money in clothes, shoes and accessories.
But, no trip to the mall is complete without a plate of Bourbon Chicken from the food court. It’s one of our favorite things to indulge on, after throwing money out the window, of course.
With all the sports and activities my kids are involved in, it’s nice to have recipes that taste amazing, yet can be served at various times throughout the night. I served our Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken with some rice and a green salad. PERFECT.
How to Make Bourbon Chicken in the Crock Pot:
- Add all the marinade ingredients to the slow cooker before adding the chicken. Whisk it all together. There is no need to dirty a second bowl for this, unless you like washing dishes
- Use boneless, skinless chicken thighs! Seriously, I love using chicken thighs in slow cooker dishes as the chicken doesn’t dry out like chicken breasts will.
- When you’re ready to thicken the sauce, be sure to give yourself about 20-30 minutes before serving. In a small glass (or bowl) whisk together the cornstarch and water into a thick paste. Add to the slow cooker and simmer until serving.
- Add your sliced green onions right before serving for a little pop of color and flavor to this dish! ENJOY!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
More Dinner Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Beer Brats
- Mississippi Roast
- Italian Beef Recipe
- Beef Broccoli
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- Chicken Tetrazzini
- Italian Chicken
- More Easy Dinner Recipes!
**This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy for more info**