Easy, buttery Beer Bread recipe to serve with dinner! Also great to cube into bite sized pieces and use for dips!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
I’m hoping my friend Lois isn’t reading my blog right now. She’s my Tastefully Simple consultant. And while I absolutely love their products…I am on a quest to make some of their items from scratch. (like this Corn and Black Bean salsa recipe).
One of my favorite products is the Beer Bread mix (oh and the Cinnamon Muffins, which I made my own recipe for too!). Lois and I used to be neighbors, which was great…I would be making my dinner in the afternoon and pop over there for a box of beer bread mix to bake up with our meal.
Until of course, I began making my own beer bread. Sorry Lois!
It’s really quite easy to make, I even have a Cheesy Onion Beer Bread recipe on the blog from years ago!
If you’ve never tried this, here are some FAQ’s about the bread:
- “Does it taste like beer??”….The answer is no.
- “Can I substitute anything for the beer?”…You can use 7UP or Sprite instead of beer, however, I find the bread to be a little denser when doing this (still delicious though).
- “Do I have to add the butter on top?”…Of course not. However, the butter gives this bread so much flavor and since there are no oils IN the bread, you’re not doubling up. I suggest you try it, the buttery top of the bread is one of the best parts!
- “Can I freeze the bread.”….No. It totally changes the texture and flavor unfortunately. This bread is best served on the same day. Or warm it up to serve with soup and chili on day two!
- “My bread crumbled when I tried to cut it, what did I do wrong?”….nothing. That is totally normal for this bread. If you’ve ever been to a Tastefully Simple party they will cube the bread to use for dipping in hot dips (like this Artichoke Dip or this Hot Jalapeno Corn Dip). Sometimes you get a perfect slice, and sometimes you don’t!
So there you go…one delicious bread recipe to go with any weeknight dinner!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Yield: 1 loaf
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:50 minutes
Total Time:60 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (12 oz) beer
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 9x5-inch loaf pan and line bottom of pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Using as few strokes as possible, mix in the beer until moistened.
- Pour thick batter into loaf pan. Drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes, remove from oven and cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and enjoy!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**