Cheesy Onion Beer Bread
Beer bread is one of those items I used to purchase from Tastefully Simple and Pampered Chef. We ate it often too! Then I googled the recipe years ago, and realized how easy it is to make at home (FOR MUCH CHEAPER)!
This time though we kicked it up a notch with some cheddar cheese and green onion. Oh my. I’m envisioning other great flavors as well. (such as: remove onion and replace with 2 seeded and diced jalapenos, serve with chili)
- 3 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 12 oz beer
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In large mixing bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cheese and green onions. Using as few strokes as possible, mix in the beer until moistened.
- Pour thick batter into a greased loaf pan. Drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 50 minutes. Remove and cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Enjoy!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**