Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Salad Sandwich
This tasty, Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Salad sandwich is made with breaded chicken, pickle relish, celery, eggs, and mayo. What’s not to love about this iconic salad?
Remember last year when Chick-fil-A discontinued their coleslaw recipe? Fortunately I made their Copycat Chick-fil-A coleslaw and it’s become one of our favorite picnic foods in the summer.
Well, they are at it again, and this time discontinuing their chicken salad.
I have a confession, when I saw the news I thought, “I didn’t even know they had a chicken salad recipe.”
Needless to say, I went out and immediately tried it. I figure I love their chicken sandwiches so much, the salad must be amazing. And who couldn’t use a new, delicious chicken salad recipe.
Well, friends, it is amazing. Unfortunately because their chicken sandwiches are so popular, people like me who never even look at the menu didn’t even order it.
Once again though, Chick-fil-A has shared their Chicken Salad recipe with the world before retiring it from the menu September 30, 2017.
Of course, their recipe calls for using THEIR chicken. Which, yes, that would be lovely and delicious and completely NOT convenient. haha. So, my version using frozen chicken strips you would find in the store, breaded and cooked. You just need to heat them up, and assemble the salad. Easy, right?
We enjoyed our Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Salad on some whole grain oat bread with fresh romaine lettuce! But serving on a croissant like I did with this Healthy Chicken Salad would also be wonderful! ENJOY 🙂
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 4 large frozen, breaded chicken breast, cooked and cubed (or 6 breaded tenders)
- 1 1/2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/3 cup pickle relish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Cook frozen, breaded chicken according to package (or use leftover homemade breaded chicken). Cube and place in a large food processor.
- To the food processor, add celery, pickle relish, mayo, hard boiled eggs, salt and pepper.
- Process for about 5-10 seconds, keeping it still slightly chunky but well blended.
- Serve chicken salad on toasted whole grain bread with leafy romaine lettuce, or a croissant, or with a fork! ENJOY!
LOVE Copycat recipes? Here are a few of my favorites….
- My most popular recipe is this Copycat Panera Bread Mac and Cheese from Shugary Sweets
- Copycat Krispy Kreme Doughnuts from Brown Eyed Baker
- Give me all the Copycat Panera Orange Scones from Shugary Sweets
- Copycat Shamrock Shake is a great milkshake recipe from Wine & Glue
- This easy, sweet bread is one of my favorites! Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf from Shugary Sweets
- If you love chick-fil-A how about this Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce from CopyKat Recipes
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**